• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

I am really furious. My goverment has been buying Chinse sanitary material (face masks or test kits), being more expensive and worse quality. Once a cockroach was found in a sent pack. They don't buy to Spanish companies, with best price and quality, and these are exporting to neighbour countries. Or we are a sattelite dictatorship, our politicians would rather embezzlement to collect commissions, or both.

Spain is becoming a new Venezuela, a narco-dictatorship. We were warned but I couldn't think this would happen so fast thanks this epidemic.

Someday somebody will produce an action-live movie about the current Spanish goverment as one of the best examples of toxic bosses and all damage these can cause.

Nursing homes weren't allowed to buy EPIs/lab coats. Lots of doctors have been infected by fault of bad sanitary material.

This goverment is seizing material, but it doesn't distribute them, but waiting in the storehouses. A rich businessmen, Armancio Ortega, donated lots face maks, but discarded by the govement becuase there were according about European rules (lies!).

I am afair they are trying to sabotage the recuperation of the regions ruled by the opposition parties.

This goverment is going to end in the justice trials. Their actions are, literally, a crime.

And if the future electoral polls say they are still the favorites, then the alarms should go off and we have to ask international help, because this would be the sign they are getting ready for a new electoral fraude. It is impossible to avoid a hard punishment after this.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not quite that simple. Some dishes & cuisines really don’t fare well as takeout.

Then you change the menu. Holding static in the face of change is a losing strategy.

Here's a local restaurant that's doing what it needs to do as an example.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Then you change the menu. Holding static in the face of change is a losing strategy.

Here's a local restaurant that's doing what it needs to do as an example.

For some cuisines, that’s simply not an option.

Much of French cuisine uses delicate sauces which won’t travel well. Soufflés sometimes have trouble making it to the table intact; a ride in your car would be a death sentence.

Seafood has similar issues with travel and reheating. Overcooking shellfish results is rubbery texture and, in some cases, a change in flavor. Reheating something like that will yield similar results.

I’m not saying there’s NO solution, just that for certain cuisines, certain dishes, it’s VERY problematic. Someone WILL figure it out. Perhaps French restau will triple their prices, and still survive,

Or people will become satisfied with dishes that are “reasonable facsimiles”, as they have with Caesar salads. (For those who don’t know, the original recipe called for the dressing to be made with anchovies and raw egg.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For some cuisines, that’s simply not an option.

If your entire cuisine is such that it doesn't travel well, first, I think maybe your view of your cuisine is a bit narrow. Second, you may have to get creative.

I know of one restaurant in downtown Boston that has a challenge - they are down in the business district, with only a very small population of people actually living anywhere nearby them. Their cuisine isn't delicate, but few assembled dishes will fare well after a half hour car ride.

So, they aren't selling their dishes. They are selling kits to assemble their dishes at home - elements fully cooked, with instructions on how to revive them not just right after arrival, but up to days afterwards.

Viewing your food, or pretty much any aspect of your business, in the same old way does not cut it right now.

Janx

Hero
If your entire cuisine is such that it doesn't travel well, first, I think maybe your view of your cuisine is a bit narrow. Second, you may have to get creative.

I know of one restaurant in downtown Boston that has a challenge - they are down in the business district, with only a very small population of people actually living anywhere nearby them. Their cuisine isn't delicate, but few assembled dishes will fare well after a half hour car ride.

So, they aren't selling their dishes. They are selling kits to assemble their dishes at home - elements fully cooked, with instructions on how to revive them not just right after arrival, but up to days afterwards.

Viewing your food, or pretty much any aspect of your business, in the same old way does not cut it right now.

True. Though I think Danny eats fancier than the rest of us :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads