D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Courtesy of our houseguest, the word of the day: “plandemic”, a portmanteau of “planned” and “pandemic”. You’ll find that in the context of anti-Fauci, anti-Gates, anti-vax, anti-chip and similar rhetoric.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Sooo...like...it’s been nice knowin’ y’all.

Gov. DeWine: My face mask order went ‘too far’

Remember the good things about the USA when you talk about us.

I am so sick of this cult of ignorance that has infected the US. I'm not sure if the country, as we know it, will continue to exist another 25 years.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"

Remember the good things about the USA when you talk about us.
Yikes! That article is kinda... word saladalicious. Here's one from closer to the source at Penn State that I think is a bit clearer:
edit: Aand a link to the study itself:

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I am so sick of this cult of ignorance that has infected the US. I'm not sure if the country, as we know it, will continue to exist another 25 years.

Nothing new. Look up luddites.

Every now and then say 40-50 years you generally get a transitional event. Depression, war, pandemic, political philosophy etc.

Regardless of who wins things change in the next event.

Empires come empires go.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Yay, ‘Murica. :(

Geez. Imagine people threatening to harm or kill others because the gas station doesn't let you in bare-foot.

I mean, is it annoying to wear a mask? Sure. It isn't an infringement on my personal freedoms though. At least in my opinion. I also don't see it as some sort of conspiracy to 'train' me to obey orders in the future.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I also do see it as some sort of conspiracy to 'train' me to obey orders in the future.

So, some years ago, two murderous wretches set off a pair of bombs at the Boston Marathon.

In the manhunt that ensued, authorities asked Bostonians to stay indoors. And we did, in droves. The Greater Boston Area became a ghost town. Streets were more empty then than they are now.

And folks around the nation... shoveled derision and criticism on us for it. Said we were cowering in fear. Called us sheep for following orders.

Nobody outside the Boston area really got this - we were not afraid of these chuckleheads. Nobody was staying in afraid that the Tsarnaev brothers would get us. We wanted the rat bastards caught, and we realized that the best way to do that was to stay out of the way of the professionals.

Sometimes, following orders is the smart way to get what you want done.

Remove ads