D&D and the rising pandemic

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I see what you mean, and I think the risk is probably worth it - social isolation is hard on everyone, particularly the elderly - but it's still relatively risky. Definitely better to do in smaller groups, for sure.
Our building has a sanctuary, a "study hall" (sanctuary from before renovation), a grade school gym. We can pipe sound and video through the building if needed. It looks like we have the floor space if people must stay in small groups a few steps away from each other.

Zardnaar

Legend
Because that IS the massaged #?

Maybe not. There's still plain old incompetence or pneumonia misdiagnosed. If it is massaged they're doing a terrible job.

They can use drones as well. They caught a rush on hospitals on drones. They're not using mass graves yet and there's no great firewall in Russia.

Deathtoll probably higher than official figures but it's not overwhelming.

They also built an emergency hostpital that looks a lot better than the China concrete death boxes.

2-3 weeks ago their lockdown was a joke. Panic Buying started about a week after NZ did it.

Russian YouTubers went to dachas but that's more if a middle class thing for them.

Not overly exciting but she seems genuine enough compared to others. She has two channels but updates frequently.

Not very propaganda as far as I can tell. They're not even that nationalistic.

Found Russian macro lagers are quite decent. No worse than most Eurolagers and a couple are very nice hence interest in Russia. Well casual interest from school and university classes.

Last edited:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
In our case, our church is one of (as I recall) the 5 biggest Catholi churches in the USA, with a total enrollment of something like 25-30k- bigger than many so-called mega churches.

We don’t have a huge arena, though. Instead, we offer several standard masses, a teen mass, and a couple of Spanish masses spread out ftom Saturday evening through a Sunday evening. Of course, being Catholic, that means not everyone goes to weekly masses, soooo... ahem

I looked up church attendance rates to compare to my area.

Looks like 42% of adult Texans attend church weekly.

In Canada only around 10% of people attend church weekly. That's probably quite a bit lower in Ontario too as Quebec has a large Catholic population and the Conservative provinces like Alberta probably have higher attendance.

None are going to be near America's numbers though.

Even New York is at 29% according to the site I'm looking at.

I can see how that is a huge problem for spread.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Sooo...like...it’s been nice knowin’ y’all.

Gov. DeWine: My face mask order went ‘too far’

Remember the good things about the USA when you talk about us.

Trump wanted to reopen the border with Canada.

Our prime minister shut that down so quickly.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sooo...like...it’s been nice knowin’ y’all.

Gov. DeWine: My face mask order went ‘too far’

Remember the good things about the USA when you talk about us.

There's good things? At least you're not Australians I suppose.

New cases 0. First time in 49 days.

Remove ads