D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
People are allowed on roads?

They basically banned non essential travel here and going between towns and city's was kinda banned as well.

Essential travel mostly to and from work in essential services.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yep. Roads have never been shut down in the US.

Same here you're just not supposed to be on them.

Some tribes erected barricades on the roads to stop tourists.

Cops let them as they had no healthcare facilities in their area beyond the local doctor.

People complained they couldn't go to the beach which they weren't supposed to be. Also the beaches are a food source.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No I'm not. AFAIK asymptomatic carriers are still contagious if they breathe on you.
Like I said, this is a family website. No details, but there ARE human sexual practices where the male does not have to breathe on his partner.

And according to Johns-Hopkins,
Should I stop going to the gym?
As the new coronavirus is spreading, be cautious about all possible exposures, including at the gym or fitness center. The virus isn’t spread through perspiration (sweat), but items touched by many people (barbells, etc.) could pose a risk. In order to practice social and physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is best to avoid public places at this time.

ccs

41st lv DM
One of my former students is a flat earther and he's been in fighter jets -- high enough that he can actually SEE the curvature of the earth. Otherwise, though, an intelligent dude. He just likes his tin hats.

So how's he explain away what he's seen with his own eyes?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
...even though the entire population was put under quarantine...

No, we really haven't been. We have been under mostly voluntary social distancing, that large numbers of people disregard. Lay on top of that how many people's jobs are considered "essential" right now, and it is not surprising things have not been more effective.

NotAYakk

Legend
People are allowed on roads?

They basically banned non essential travel here and going between towns and city's was kinda banned as well.

Essential travel mostly to and from work in essential services.
Yes, US measures are crap. There is a reason why their epidemic keeps growing.

In areas where it is already going insane they are doing something probably like a level 3 NZ response, which slows it down and starts it shrinking. Meanwhile, a state away, they'll have people drinking in bars, and people driving from A to B and back again.

So their hot spots don't stay isolated, their hot spots burn longer, and new hot spots are appearing all over the place.

Now, in a given hot spot, they'll put the breaks on it. So NYC stopped it at about 20% infected. But soon they'll reopen and it will go up to 30% or 40%, then again, and again. Meanwhile, other places are blindly wandering towards outbreaks.

With no coordinated federal response of any competence and free movement between areas, I don't see how they will avoid losing the battle.

It is an incoherent and ineffective local responds to a global problem. They are heading strait for 0.5% population death rate, at least among the poors. The smarter wealthy are all hiding, and can weather this without face to face contact.

I'd guess 1 - 2 million dead, of which less than 2/3 will be counted as diagnosed Covid-19 cases. But it will take a while.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Same here you're just not supposed to be on them.
Yeah, in the US, there's definitely less people on the roads in my town, but barely noticeably less.
Some tribes erected barricades on the roads to stop tourists.
We should erect barricades in Washington around my town to keep the idiots from leaving my town. There's so many here that it would really be better to keep them inside this city than to let them spread coronavirus to other places in the west coast. Our local newspaper up until this pandemic was well trusted and renowned, but now they're posting articles and stories on people dying, how staying inside is important, and how facemasks protect people, so everyone is calling it "fake news" now.
Cops let them as they had no healthcare facilities in their area beyond the local doctor.
Yeah, we don't have anyone who is a tourist to my town (despite the billboard that calls it the Palm Springs of Washington) but this seems reasonable. Sounds like your cops are better than my towns.
People complained they couldn't go to the beach which they weren't supposed to be. Also the beaches are a good source.
People will complain about any type of change, even one that saves lives. People like whining.
(What this pandemic is proving to me even more is that America is filled with heartless idiots who'd rather die than lose a bit of money.)

So how's he explain away what he's seen with his own eyes?

Cognitive dissonance.

I don't like calling flat-earthers, sovereign citizens, or anti-vaxxers "conspiracy theorists". The word "theory" gives them too much credibility. Thinking the government is monitoring your phone or that a cabal of wealthy individuals controls all the insulin in the world are conspiracy theories; highly unlikely, but theoretically possible. The ability to straight out deny reality when it stares you in the face by talking loudly and ignoring all evidence contrary to your worldview is something else.

Remove ads