D&D and the rising pandemic

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I can't understand anyone who thinks that old people should have less a right to live.
It is scary. But I have seen lots of people who think like that. Some of them are resentful of the older generation holding -from their point of view- all of the important jobs, all of the wealth and all of the power and can't wait for them to pass away so they can have all of that. It gets disgusting, they call the virus the "boomer remover" with glee and don't care about containing the virus, if anything, they'd rather have it spread even more quickly, so "it does its job". They don't care about getting infected themselves because they think that they will only catch a mild cold. I don't know if these people are resentful with life or hate their parents, or are stunted in their growth with the maturity of a teenager, or are plain psychos.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Here in New Zealand the government’s position has been that three things are vital: testing; quarantine of those who test positive and close contacts; and rapid contact tracing. I am wondering how well contact tracing is going in countries with large numbers (eg over 100,000) of cases? Can anyone in one of those countries comment? I have a background in public health, and have done contact tracing myself in the past, and it is massively time-consuming.
If the US or State governments are doing widespread tests, quarantining the sick, and/or tracing contacts, that effort is a deep dark secret - or (my suspicion) the effort is being squandered by "trying to be strong everywhere at once" and dividing the supplies into penny packets that go to every large city, where they are swallowed up like a drop in a bucket. We are not getting anywhere - new cases keep arising - even though the entire population was put under quarantine long enough ago to catch asymptomatic carriers and remove them from crowds.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If the US or State governments are doing widespread tests, quarantining the sick, and/or tracing contacts, that effort is a deep dark secret - or (my suspicion) the effort is being squandered by "trying to be strong everywhere at once" and dividing the supplies into penny packets that go to every large city, where they are swallowed up like a drop in a bucket. We are not getting anywhere - new cases keep arising - even though the entire population was put under quarantine long enough ago to catch asymptomatic carriers and remove them from crowds.
We have people protesting masking orders as unconstitutional. How do you think contact tracing will fly with that segment of the population?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer

Remove ads