D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Honestly, I think this point in the article pretty much nails it:

I mean, the Japanese government cannot legally enforce a martial law scenario. When the US wrote the Japanese constitution, it doesn't allow for the military to take that level of action. They literally do not have a "riot act" to read. This was done for all sorts of historical reasons that aren't important now.

But, watching my student's absolute horror at the actions of people in the west- going to beaches, not wearing masks, etc. has been very enlightening. To my students, it's a moral imperative to help others. To not do so would be morally wrong. So, the notion of "it's my choice" doesn't even enter into it.

While I've got lots of issues with Japanese culture of obedience, once in a while it does work pretty darn well.

Yeah I think that's mostly it. That and Asia are better prepared for this type of thing and more inclined to listen.

Partly generational as well. At least here.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Hussar

Legend
Yeah I think that's mostly it. That and Asia are better prepared for this type of thing and more inclined to listen.

Partly generational as well. At least here.

I suppose that's a good point too. It's not like this is my first rodeo. I was in Korea during SARS. I was here for MERS (although that never really came to Japan). Never minding things like swine and avian flu outbreaks.

Heck, it was only a couple of years ago we could get US beef again. They completely stopped importing after a couple of mad cow scares in the States. Even Aussie beef was off the market for quite a while.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Every time I think Florida can't get worse, there is always something new.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Every time I think Florida can't get worse, there is always something new.

Florida can always get worse. Always.

Hussar

Legend
That news story seems to be missing a part where the mother and the entire church congregation responsible for the "party" are up on manslaughter charges and, at the very least, reckless endangerment. Is she not going to jail?

Zardnaar

Legend
That news story seems to be missing a part where the mother and the entire church congregation responsible for the "party" are up on manslaughter charges and, at the very least, reckless endangerment. Is she not going to jail?

One would hope so.

Melbourne in Australia going into 6 week lockdown.

Bolsowhatshisface in Brazil showing symptoms.

Also bubonic Plague in China/Mongolia.

Over it cancel 2020?

Remove ads