• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Ryujin

Legend
The pictures look like the 'protest' is pretty sparse.

There was also a 'protest' of like 20 people a few months ago at Queen's Park regarding the state of emergency.

Certainly seems like it fizzled, compared to the crowd that the organizers seemed to be expecting. The female organizer, in this video, is Letitia Montana. She's the Looney Tune who walked into St. Joe's Hospital, on July 4th, and refused to wear a mask. You might have seen her video of being refused service for it, since it's all over social media (with her being lambasted for being an idiot).

Hussar

Legend
Who goes to emergency without a mask anyway? I've been in Japan too long. I forgot that people actually go to the hospital and don't wear masks. It's just standard policy here. Mostly because hospitals are full of sick people. The thinking here is, "Of course you wear a mask to a hospital. Duh."

Ryujin

Legend
Who goes to emergency without a mask anyway? I've been in Japan too long. I forgot that people actually go to the hospital and don't wear masks. It's just standard policy here. Mostly because hospitals are full of sick people. The thinking here is, "Of course you wear a mask to a hospital. Duh."

Just listening to an interview with her, that was recorded by a local talk radio guy. (For people who know Toronto radio, it's Jim Richards of NewsTalk 1010). She's a full-on conspiracy nut. Typical "impedes my breathing" garbage and suchlike.

Just listening to an interview with her, that was recorded by a local talk radio guy. (For people who know Toronto radio, it's Jim Richards of NewsTalk 1010). She's a full-on conspiracy nut. Typical "impedes my breathing" garbage and suchlike.

On a personal level, the people who claim masks "impede breathing" or try to claim a similar reason for not wearing one upset me so much more. Someone who refuses to wear a mask as a form of personal expression or other "freedom" reasons may be criminally stupid, but they at least have principles. Lying about some completely fabricated medical nonsense to try and justify it is just so dishonest that I have to believe the people who say it are morally corrupt to a dangerous level.

Retreater

Legend
For wargaming have you heard of Tabletop Simulator?
I've heard of this, and was just gifted a copy as an early birthday present. But I haven't tried it yet. My computer is set up in the living room (the primary entertainment hub of the household), so I get very little time on the PC.

Ryujin

Legend
On a personal level, the people who claim masks "impede breathing" or try to claim a similar reason for not wearing one upset me so much more. Someone who refuses to wear a mask as a form of personal expression or other "freedom" reasons may be criminally stupid, but they at least have principles. Lying about some completely fabricated medical nonsense to try and justify it is just so dishonest that I have to believe the people who say it are morally corrupt to a dangerous level.

I've seen at least two people, one a medical doctor and another someone suffering from severe COPD, hook up blood oxygen sensors and throw a mask on, to prove that they have absolutely zero effect upon it. I wish that I could find the one from the person with COPD again because she started with a standard non-medical cloth mask, went to a N95, then up the scale until she had a full dual-filter heavy duty mask on and the monitor didn't drop below a reading of 90 (which is apparently low, but her norm).

cmad1977

Hero
I've seen at least two people, one a medical doctor and another someone suffering from severe COPD, hook up blood oxygen sensors and throw a mask on, to prove that they have absolutely zero effect upon it. I wish that I could find the one from the person with COPD again because she started with a standard non-medical cloth mask, went to a N95, then up the scale until she had a full dual-filter heavy duty mask on and the monitor didn't drop below a reading of 90 (which is apparently low, but her norm).

If only logic, reason and evidence mattered as much as my opinion.
“Science” is a liberal conspiracy.

Remove ads