• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The governor in South Carolina wouldn't put a mask requirement in place, but did encourage cities and businesses to. I'm in one of the most conservative counties in the state and all four of our cities over 10k people put them in this past week (three just today), and the entire - much more liberal - county across the river put one in last week. I was pleasantly surprised that the notification on our neighborhood FB group got a lot more happy faces than frowns.

I wonder how much of it was the Governor ending his last talk by threatening to do in all high school and college sports in the state if it didn't start getting a lot better.

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
How do you figure?
Antibiotics at least have an effect on them. Viruses aren't affected by antibiotics, so maybe I should have said "more easily".
Also, superbugs normally can be avoided if you take your full prescription of anti-biotics, as well. Superbugs are made by us, so if we limit the way we make them, we can deal with the problem.
Also, superbugs can be very deadly, but viruses are normally more contagious than bacteria.

Zardnaar

Legend
D&D night tonight at gamestore. Getting through "There is No Honor" Savage Tide Or 1.

Another idiot breaking quarantine. Charges laid.

There's an Air Commodore in charge and the have police and members of the armed forces helping monitor the hotels.

7 weeks of lockdown and these returning idiot caught the stupid bug overseas.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Antibiotics at least have an effect on them. Viruses aren't affected by antibiotics, so maybe I should have said "more easily".
Also, superbugs normally can be avoided if you take your full prescription of anti-biotics, as well. Superbugs are made by us, so if we limit the way we make them, we can deal with the problem.
Also, superbugs can be very deadly, but viruses are normally more contagious than bacteria.
Depends on the superbug. Some of the nastier ones are virtually immune to most of the antibiotics we have, at least, singly. That’s when they hit you with a “coctail” of antibiotics.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Crap.

This is the first study I’ve seen that supported the virologist’s fears about COVID-19 related brain damage beyond loss of smell & taste. It’s VERY preliminary, but not comforting.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

That's a huge "if" though.

And multiply resistant staph infections kill 10,000+ people a year in the US. Overall, drug resistant bacteria are responsible for 35,000 deaths in the US each year.

Remove ads