• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Puff piece.

Generally getting 2 cases a day now from returnees.

0.1% failure to comply in Quarantine.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I like how in that Idaho clip. That sign was like... I'm not anti-mask, just anti-mandated. Though they weren't wearing them when they were just a suggestion either. So... :rolleyes:

NotAYakk

Legend
I like how in that Idaho clip. That sign was like... I'm not anti-mask, just anti-mandated. Though they weren't wearing them when they were just a suggestion either. So... :rolleyes:
"I'm not pro-slavery. I'm just pro-states rights, like the right for states to make slaves legal, which my ancestors rebelled, fought and died for, whom I am proud of."

It is a long tradition.

Mallus

Legend
At this point, I feel like the hospital systems in places like Houston and Miami/Dade could utterly collapse and a significant number of people 20 miles outside of the respective metros would still be calling the severity of the pandemic a media hoax.

Apparently the soaring number of cases isn't enough. Maybe the body count hitting 200K will do the trick?

Things in Philadelphia are about the same as they've been. Social distancing & mask usage is good in our NW Philly neighborhood. Not so good in Old City, where I got my first haircut since, hmmm, February? The salon took my temperature, had me sign a form, followed best practices, etc.

Of course, this was 2 blocks away from the scene where a White bar owner pulled a gun on a Black cyclist who was exhorting outdoor diners/drinkers to socially distance and wear masks (which they weren't), and 2 young White anti-Karens shielded the cyclist with their bodies. This made the national news, right?

On the plus side, it's D&D night! Well, Labyrinth Lord least. I'm going to make a big pot of Inauthentic Liberal Chili and a couple of Boulevardiers (the PA state liquor stores are open & delivering again).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Finally taking a big step, SC governor McMaster announces that to fight COVID-19, bars and restaurants are finally being forced to close... oh wait, it's to stop serving alcohol after 11:00pm each day. :-/

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Everything ends.

I think what makes me so sad and unhappy is that some of us sacrificed for nothing. I did all the right things.

...and now it's roaring back, worse than before.

I agree and share the sentiment. Had we all sacrificed a little, at the same time, we may not still be in the thick of this.

One of my friends might try their hand at DMing over the Internet coming up. They suggested the Lost Mines of Phandelver so that is something to look forward to.

Also, my Zealot Barbarian in another Roll20 campaign continues to just wreck face. That Zealous strike is mean!

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Finally taking a big step, SC governor McMaster announces that to fight COVID-19, bars and restaurants are finally being forced to close... oh wait, it's to stop serving alcohol after 11:00pm each day. :-/

Didn't you hear?

"The 'Rona is just like gremlins; it doesn't turn bad unless you feed it after midnight."

-A scientist, probably.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Apparently the soaring number of cases isn't enough. Maybe the body count hitting 200K will do the trick?

At this point people are entrenched.

Their identity is linked to the idea that it is fake. It's an ideological issue which to the rest of the world is mind boggling.

A minimum of 1 million people would need to be counted dead I think.

A really terrible thing about all this is the permanent damage it does to people. Apparently even in asymptomatic people they have seen brain damage through CTScans.

Remove ads