D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm in Newmarket, so central. Hoping that the afflicted haven't spent time in the CBD recently but who knows.

Thought they'd do another alert to remind us that lockdown had started but I guess the morning wakeup was all they needed.

I liked Newmarket when I was up there. Gamestore still there?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Try to enforce something like that, scrupulously, and you'd likely have riots in the "Freedom or Death" States (mostly, but not all "fly-over" States).
We had a "lockdown", in the loosest sense of the term, earlier this year and there were protests, but no riots. I don't think there would be riots, just more idiots protesting the lockdown.

Ryujin

Legend
We had a "lockdown", in the loosest sense of the term, earlier this year and there were protests, but no riots. I don't think there would be riots, just more idiots protesting the lockdown.

Where are you? There have already been heavily armed "protesters", objecting to stay-at-home and mask orders. That's just one set away.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Where are you? There have already been heavily armed "protesters", objecting to stay-at-home and mask orders. That's just one set away.

I knew about this, but those aren't riots. If there were riots against government enforced guidelines and laws, that would be a different scenario, altogether.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not that I'm aware of, do you recall where in newmarket they were located? I've wandered all over Newmarket, so most likely it is gone.

I can't recall street names. It was an area with shops the main area idk.

It was funny they ask you what suburb you're from. Was basically a polite way of asking how much you earn lol.

Panic shopping down here. Still got stuff from last time (pasta, rice canned goods etc).

If it goes sideways in gonna blame the French!!!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I can't recall street names. It was an area with shops the main area idk.

It was funny they ask you what suburb you're from. Was basically a polite way of asking how much you earn lol.

Panic shopping down here. Still got stuff from last time (pasta, rice canned goods etc).

If it goes sideways in gonna blame the French!!!
Pretty sure the game store is gone, I'm sure if have found it a long time ago if it was still there.

Apparently a bit of panic buying here as well. I decided to avoid the local supermarket this morning, not worth the trouble.

Zardnaar

Legend
Pretty sure the game store is gone, I'm sure if have found it a long time ago if it was still there.

Apparently a bit of panic buying here as well. I decided to avoid the local supermarket this morning, not worth the trouble.

Yeah it was 14 odd years ago.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We’re having some possible panic buying as well: rice, one particular store brand of diet soft drink, fancy sliced breads, and thin cut pork chops were all scarce or completely gone from the shelves of the Kroger closest to me.

Zardnaar

Legend
We’re having some possible panic buying as well: rice, one particular store brand of diet soft drink, fancy sliced breads, and thin cut pork chops were all scarce or completely gone from the shelves of the Kroger closest to me.

Disruptions in supply chain maybe? They were predicting shortages a few months back.

Takes a while to run down existing stocks.

Remove ads