D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Some Unis are worse than others. We're lucky in that we have a large amount of funding from the government, we make uo additional costs in domestic and international student fees, no international students means we have lost a fair amount. Worse in Australia though, international student fees make up to 40% of their annual budget, many aren't doing so well with large lay-offs.

Still some down here, idk how things are overall though.

Polytech, uni, dental school and hospital rebuild lots of government money relative to the size.

Apparently Wellington best place to be followed by Dunedin with Auckland near the bottom. In terms of economy going bottoms up.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
As someone who would be physically attending college right now if not for the pandemic, I understand that college kids want to physically be in college, for various reasons, but I'm not as stupid as the masses of college-age kids seem to be. I put my life on hold because of this pandemic, because I knew that if I didn't, people might die because of it. It's frustrating to do what human decency requires of you, and then looking and seeing thousands of people like you not doing the things they should.

And not only is it disappointing and frustrating to see this happening, it's infuriating. The longer we have in-person colleges, the more the virus will spread. The more the virus spreads, the longer the pandemic continues. The longer the pandemic continues, the longer I cannot attend college normally.

2020 is really quite a time to be alive.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Still some down here, idk how things are overall though.

Polytech, uni, dental school and hospital rebuild lots of government money relative to the size.

Apparently Wellington best place to be followed by Dunedin with Auckland near the bottom. In terms of economy going bottoms up.
Not surprised Auckland isn't at the top. When out walking you see a lot of small businesses closed. This 2nd lockdown was so sudden that it impacted a lot of them negatively, they had no time to prepare.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not surprised Auckland isn't at the top. When out walking you see a lot of small businesses closed. This 2nd lockdown was so sudden that it impacted a lot of them negatively, they had no time to prepare.

Yeah they need a bit more than the wage subsidy.

Something like an emergency rent payout.

Place we're going to tonight we're busy, level 2 hit and quiet again.

Eventually people will just stop complying or they need to close the airports to returnees. Running out of houses down here as well.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Someone I know (sorta) just revealed she, her husband and her brother in law are all recovering from C19. All of them are in the high-risk age range. She was completely honest with me about how they were all firmly in the “it’s a a Democratic hoax” camp until they got it.

Each one came damn near death in the hospital at least once, and now, like converts to most ideas, they are EXTREMELY vocal about how & why they changed their minds.

Stay safe, y’all.

ccs

41st lv DM
Someone I know (sorta) just revealed she, her husband and her brother in law are all recovering from C19. All of them are in the high-risk age range. She was completely honest with me about how they were all firmly in the “it’s a a Democratic hoax” camp until they got it.

Each one came damn near death in the hospital at least once, and now, like converts to most ideas, they are EXTREMELY vocal about how & why they changed their minds.

Stay safe, y’all.

180k+dead (even if some of the #s might be suspect) here in the USA alone & God knows how many more suffering is a Hell of a hoax.
Though I'm glad they survived, I hope the converts feel sufficiently stupid.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
180k+dead (even if some of the #s might be suspect) here in the USA alone & God knows how many more suffering is a Hell of a hoax.

A lot of people have trouble accepting things they cannot see, especially when it implies they should take actions they'd rather not take, or means accepting they were wrong. Those 180K people? Who says they died? How many of them have you seen with your own eyes? I have seen none.... so maybe they don't exist at all. Maybe the dead are a fiction.

@Umbran is right. Just the other day I noticed a sticker with the text that covid19 is a hoax in my neighborhood, pasted on a traffic sign... in a neighborhood that has several victims of covid19 (including my nextdoor neighbor). But the people putting up these stupid stickers and flyers with their conspiracy theories didn't bother to talk to any of those people. They might as well not exist to them. There are victims of covid all around them, but that doesn't make a difference to these conspiracy theorists, because they have their eyes firmly closed.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight

Stay safe, y’all.
Its a meme in action "republicans have problems with things until they personally are affected"

Zardnaar

Legend
A lot of people have trouble accepting things they cannot see, especially when it implies they should take actions they'd rather not take, or means accepting they were wrong. Those 180K people? Who says they died? How many of them have you seen with your own eyes? I have seen none.... so maybe they don't exist at all. Maybe the dead are a fiction.

180k/320million means a lot of people not personally effected or know anyone who was.

They managed to get about 200 to turn out for a protest yesterday.

They used an American flag

Free speech (NZ has no constitutional right to free speech).

MAGA (Make Ardern Go Away).

Cops didn't do much but they didn't do much for BLM either or when the 4:20 crowd did a smoke in at the police station.

During the war years we had some if the strictist censorship in the allies and they used to quarantine people on offshore islands.

Maybe go back to the 1940s and revoke some tax exempt status for some churches.

Fix stupid the hard way.

Remove ads