D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Its a meme in action "republicans have problems with things until they personally are affected"

Mod Note:
Now, how about we not go down the partisan route here, so that Danny or I don't have to boot people from the thread? Please and thank you.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There’s a Biblical proverb that has been paraphrased many times over the centuries that applies very well to the COVID-hoax conspiracy theorists:

”There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

(Of course, they’re probably saying much the same about us, sooooo...)

Zardnaar

Legend
There’s a Biblical proverb that has been paraphrased many times over the centuries that applies very well to the COVID-hoax conspiracy theorists:

”There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

(Of course, they’re probably saying much the same about us, sooooo...)

I'm reasonably sure there's some quotes and anecdotes in there about plague as well.

Retreater

Legend
I'm reasonably sure there's some quotes and anecdotes in there about plague as well.
If it was written before modern science and germ theory, it shouldn't be used as a source for policy during a pandemic. Unfortunately, I live in a theocracy ruled by people who do literally want to see the end of the world.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The Pandemic and a High Elf Druid get Ask Amy to address D&D: Ask Amy: It's at the bottom of this link, or see excerpt below.

Dear Amy: I'm glad you are suggesting online games for people to play to keep in touch with others during this pandemic. Please include the game Dungeons and Dragons, which has made a re-emergence in the last few years.

There are many different platforms for people to play online with other people. You can find beginner groups where an experienced game or dungeon master can help you establish your game or even lead your game. There are online videos to teach you the rules and how to play and build characters.

It's a great way to meet new people, have a lot of fun, and use creative and strategic skills.

Many famous people have been opening up about playing Dungeons and Dragons for years. Even Dame Judi Dench has been known to play while on movie sets! — Elanorel, High Elf Druid

Dear High Elf Druid (I’ve been waiting my entire career to address a letter thus): Thank you so much for your suggestion. If D&D entertains Dame Judi, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here’s an excerpt of the script from “2020“, a movie by Uwe Boll. Screenplay by Tommy Wiseau.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Lockdown ended today and they're failing hard at social distancing already.

We had more big failures right after the two huge days of positives were reported... :.-(

1598881942370.png

And it was picked up in the wider media... Yahoo-AU: 'Perfect storm for virus': Uni student's terrible excuse after pool party busted

Last edited:

Remove ads