• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Luminous

Legend
But social distancing and everything else was very good but some places aren't doing that either.
I really didn't want to keep arguing about this. But social distancing has ruined the economy, MSNBC (!) reports that 100,000 small businesses across the country will file for bankruptcy and never come back. Because of the government's mishandled war on COVID-19.

Luminous

Legend
I really didn't want to keep arguing about this. But social distancing has ruined the economy, MSNBC (!) reports that 100,000 small businesses across the country will file for bankruptcy and never come back. Because of the government's mishandled war on COVID-19.
Does anybody want a 6-week lockdown to sign the deal?

Zardnaar

Legend

Want me to put up my counter stats? All things considered we're doing great.

The countries that half assed it are doing worse than the countries that didn't or wiped it out.

Economists here said the worst case scenario was rolling lockdowns. Do nothing you collapse your healthcare system, do rolling lockdowns your economy takes a hit.

Consumers have to spend money, they're not going to do that regardless if you do nothing.

It's why after 9/11 or virtually every other disaster the president encourages people to spend.

Luminous

Legend
Want me to put up my counter stats? All things considered we're doing great.

The countries that half assed it are doing worse than the countries that didn't or wiped it out.

Economists here said the worst case scenario was rolling lockdowns. Do nothing you collapse your healthcare system, do rolling lockdowns your economy takes a hit.

Consumers have to spend money, they're not going to do that regardless if you do nothing.

It's why after 9/11 or virtually every other disaster the president encourages people to spend.
Mr. Zardnaar, "Doing Great" is not stats. My refutations of several- not all- Coronavirus regulations is not "half-assed."
Slovania declared Coronavirus OVER. And they have no masks, no 6 feet apart, and no more deaths than the direct and indirect effects of a lockdown would give.

Luminous

Legend
Mr. Zardnaar, "Doing Great" is not stats. My refutations of several- not all- Coronavirus regulations is not "half-assed."
Slovania declared Coronavirus OVER. And they have no masks, no 6 feet apart, and no more deaths than the direct and indirect effects of a lockdown would give.
Look at the stats:
This entire time, Slovenia has had 81,349 cases and 1,592 deaths. Their approach - perhaps it should be called "herd immunity"sounds pretty good to me.

Luminous

Legend
That was proper lockdown not this half assed US or Europe "lockdowns". Couldn't even get food delivered.
I misread that as "no social distancing is half-assed." I agree with you, there should've been a hard and real lockdown of significantly affected areas (such as New York) in the U.S.
As soon as the pandemic hit. Now it's too late for a lockdown.

Zardnaar

Legend
Look at the stats:
This entire time, Slovenia has had 81,349 cases and 1,592 deaths. Their approach - perhaps it should be called "herd immunity"sounds pretty good to me.

Last I looked we had 25 dead and around 1600 cases. Everything's open no restrictions except at the border.

The plan was sit it out and wait for vaccine.

Cost is harder to say but proportionally it's been a fraction of what the US has paid without the death toll and our populations a little bit bigger than Slovenia.

We do have some geographical advantages but one can compare numbers with Guam, Ireland, French Polynesia, Hawaii or even individual US states.
I think we've had half the numbers of Guam with 30 times the population.

Luminous

Legend
Last I looked we had 25 dead and around 1600 cases. Everything's open no restrictions except at the border.

The plan was sit it out and wait for vaccine.

Cost is harder to say but proportionally it's been a fraction of what the US has paid without the death toll and our populations a little bit bigger than Slovenia.

We do have some geographical advantages but one can compare numbers with Guam, Ireland, French Polynesia, Hawaii or even individual US states.
I think we've had half the numbers of Guam with 30 times the population.
That's how it should go. The people I most feel sorry for, apart from the dead, are those that are ruined into poverty by guidelines supposed to help them.
Which is why few restrictions is the best approach, and many countries have found it (including yours it seems).

Remove ads