• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am not anti-mask, I simply do not wear one. The experts that I have consulted, including a doctor, say there is no need anyway. For this virus, though other viruses might come up where it would be both necessary and effective.
What matters is where you get your information. And most people here are not looking in good places.
I live with an immunologist. I get to read- and have posted- stuff from the WHO, the CDC, JAMA, Lancet, and other peer reviewed sources. Everything I see says one thing about masks: they work. And they go into great detail why they work.

Others here have done likewise, again from reputable sources.

You are claiming multiple sources saying something apparently completely different. I’m curious as to what sources you’re looking at that are pushing against a lot of thoroughly researched science.

It’s not that anti-masker guy in Oregon who got his medical license yanked a day or so ago, is it?

Zardnaar

Legend
That's how it should go. The people I most feel sorry for, apart from the dead, are those that are ruined into poverty by guidelines supposed to help them.
Which is why few restrictions is the best approach, and many countries have found it (including yours it seems).

I said months ago on this very thread Covids going to puncture more than a few people's ideological positions.

On one side it's going to be on how things are funded, taxed, and healthcare.

On the other it's going to be freedom of movement and beliefs around immigration.

For example with the borders closed some industries are offering 10-25"% higher wages plus bonuses and perks. Wanna pick fruit at $25 an hour, free accommodation and $1000-$2000 signing bonus?

$300 usd for a day's work unskilled Labour. Haven't seen that for long time. Australia's offering even more they're trying to hire kiwis to go over there.

Luminous

Legend
I live with an immunologist. I get to read- and have posted- stuff from the WHO, the CDC, JAMA, Lancet, and other peer reviewed sources. Everything I see says one thing about masks: they work. And they go into great detail why they work.

Others here have done likewise, again from reputable sources.

You are claiming multiple sources saying something apparently completely different. I’m curious as to what sources you’re looking at that are pushing against a lot of thoroughly researched science.

It’s not that anti-masker guy in Oregon who got his medical license yanked a day or so ago, is it?
I thought I was finished arguing...
Whatever. To hell with your reputable sources.

Luminous

Legend
Either way, I have little interest in the scientific explanation of how masks work, although it is the least harmful method of social distancing.
I care more about economic fallout, and people's freedom.
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
And don't tell me I'm stabbing someone in the back, I've already gone through this for like the past 2 pages.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Slovania declared Coronavirus OVER. And they have no masks, no 6 feet apart, and no more deaths than the direct and indirect effects of a lockdown would give.
This is not true.

As of mid-November, they’re currently closing non-essential stores and shutting down public transportation due to a surge in C19 numbers.
Face masks must be worn in all public spaces unless exercising alone. Restaurants and bars must close, with only takeaway services permitted. There is also a ban on all events, rallies, weddings, and religious ceremonies, and gyms and sports facilities for recreational sports have also closed.

A 30-day nationwide state of emergency was enacted on October 19, due to a rapid rise of COVID-19 cases. On October 20, a nightly curfew was placed in effect from 21:00 to 06:00 (local time) nationwide. All movement outside of residences during the curfew hours are restricted for reasons of work, emergencies, and urgent family assistance. A ban on travel between regions remains, excluding for work, healthcare, and emergency situations.

Remove ads