• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Slovania, Sparewenia, perhaps I mixed a name up.
Perhaps you should do a quick check and figure out what country- if any- you mean.

(Given that the COVID figures you cited- “81,349 cases and 1,592 deaths”- matched up pretty much perfectly with Slovenia, I’m not too inclined to think you made an error of identifying the country, but rather, believe you have either mistakenly or intentionally misrepresented their actual reactions.)

Luminous

Legend
And I bet all you'll hear on January 21st is that Americans are all doing what they're supposed to do, always staying six feet apart, and wearing masks.
I've said it a million times, there is no "properly performed." It does not help, and even if it does, it is not worth it, I am tired of walking in this circle.

Luminous

Legend
(Given that the COVID figures you cited matched up pretty much perfectly with Slovenia, I’m not too inclined to think you made an error of identifying the country, but rather, believe you have either mistakenly or intentionally misrepresented their actual reactions.)
I looked up the cases to see if I was right, but like I said I might have mixed up the country. Just goes to say, neither my mysterious countries (it's virtually the same way in Scandinavia) or Slovenia are doing bad.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I thought I was finished arguing...
Whatever. To hell with your reputable sources.
And there it is!
2FQHEOI.gifv
2FQHEOI.gifv

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
And I bet all you'll hear on January 21st is that Americans are all doing what they're supposed to do, always staying six feet apart, and wearing masks.
I've said it a million times, there is no "properly performed." It does not help, and even if it does, it is not worth it, I am tired of walking in this circle.

Our cases for today.

RNZ the source is kinda like the BBC.

Some people miss lockdown. Whole country was more or less on same page, more time with family.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I live in Texas. There is no way in hell Americans will all fall in line because Biden asked nicely. So the first sentence there is a fantasy.

The second is a denial of reality- a task improperly performed cannot be used as an an indicator that the task is ineffective, regardless of its results. That’s bad science; that’s bad logic, no matter how many times you say it.

Your coda hearkens back to the hoary old doctor joke, “My arm hurts when I do this.” gestures “Then you should stop doing that.”

Zardnaar

Legend
I live in Texas. There is no way in hell Americans will all fall in line because Biden asked nicely. So the first sentence there is a fantasy.

The second is a denial of reality- a task improperly performed cannot be used as an an indicator that the task is ineffective, regardless of its results. That’s bad science; that’s bad logic, no matter how many times you say it.

Your coda hearkens back to the hoary old doctor joke, “My arm hurts when I do this.” gestures “Then you should stop doing that.”

Americans don't really fall in line unless battleships blow up in Hawaii or planes crash in NYC.

Europe's disappointed me more, different expectations.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just goes to say, neither my mysterious countries (it's virtually the same way in Scandinavia) or Slovenia are doing bad.
Compared to the USA? Nope, but then, who is?

But by their own metrics, they’re concerned enough that they’re enacting the very kinds of measures you claimed they weren’t. IOW, they think they’re doing badly enough that emergency measures are required.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads