D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
That is exactly my point.

I read up on his dad. Rupert was raised by an arch reactionary in his own time who grew up in the Victorian Age. Married kinda late in life and got sidelined in WW2 due to complaints he was that bad.

WW1 seemed to be the foundation the empire was built on.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Went to the InterGem Gem & Jewelry show this weekend- first I’d attended sine late 2019/early 2020. I only went to day 1 of 3 (Friday) because of relatives coming to town, a veterinary emergency, and an abundance of caution.

While I was masked up the whole show, most of the vendors and attendees were not. Event staff and security were masked.

Even if it were not for the family & pet factors, I’m not sure I would have attended another day. Saturday & Sunday would have had much bigger crowds, and if the masking percentages had remained the same, I would expect bad things to happen. (See also, the Delta variant.)

I post this to provide context for the upcoming Cons I’ve seen others mentioned. Hopefully, our hobby can do better.

Zardnaar

Legend
Pretty much waiting for a screw upat the border with delta.

8 days to go to jabby jabby. Assuming there's no screw ups.

The numbers were 70/20/10 for yes/maybe/no for vaccines. Apparently that's now 80% yes.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m in the Dallas area- one of the more liberal areas of the state- and things have generally been quiet. But we still have our fair share of anti vax/mask noise,

I guess I was hoping to cajole Con organizers, staff and attendees into being better.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Putting a celebrity’s face on a problem coming back again:

TL;DR- hospitals are getting slammed by C19 patients again in such numbers as to endanger the health of the uninflected because they can’t get into the ERs or admitted into hospitals.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Apparently the CDC has decided that the exhaled viral load from vaccinated carriers isn't appreciably different from unvaccinated. Given its abundantly clear that the symptoms and outcomes are radically different, I'm wondering how that even works; you'd think if the immune system is beating things down enough to positively impact outcomes it'd be reducing the load, too.

Remove ads