D&D and the rising pandemic

Honestly, if it wasn't for the risk of the virus mutating in one of them and becoming a threat to me and mine, I wouldn't care if they Darwin themselves or make themselves dumber. Their stupidity poses a significant and unacceptable risk to the rest of us, though, so something has to change.
I didn't know this, does the virus mutate only in the non-vaccinated? Can anyone share a link please to the study.

Horwath

Legend
I didn't know this, does the virus mutate only in the non-vaccinated? Can anyone share a link please to the study.
I am not sure by how much, but as virus lives longer in unvaccinated person, it multiplies more times and every time a virus multiplies in host cell, there is a chance for mutation.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
No, but in the vaccinated it has vastly smaller numbers of viral load, which means a much, much smaller chance of mutation and even if it does mutate, a much, much smaller chance of being passed out of the body. And then if everyone else vaccinated, a much smaller chance of being picked up by the other person.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
We were doing so well, and then they lifted the restrictions.

If only there was a way we could have known what would happen every time we lifted the restrictions.

OH WAIT

1627579373182.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Bad news, good news: most of the people- nearly 80%- in a recent outbreak in MA were vaccinated. And most of the infected displayed symptoms. 89% of the infected tested positive for the Delta variant.

However, there were only 5 hospitalizations, with one death.

So, while Delta may be causing a much higher percentage of breakthrough infections, the vaccines are still keeping people out of the hospitals.

Remove ads