D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The last information I've seen I had still seems to suggest serious cases among children are, proportionate to infection numbers, pretty low. Its just that now many more children are getting infected, so the overall number of really sick children is much, much higher.

So, CNN this morning is reporting that in the US at the moment, 26.8% of weekly new cases are children.

That the kids may be not having quite so bad a time with the disease is nice, but as they get sick they still represent a large reservoir of the virus - so while the kids won't die, people around them will.

nedjer

Adventurer
Masks are vital, as it's an airborne virus, but wait a sec that means ventilation is also vital. All the more so when inconsiderate people refuse to wear masks. So how come we have The War of the Masks, but no Invasion of the Windmills?

Oh that's right, sorry, how could I forget, we'd be decimated by wind cancer. All those fans and open windows just waiting to oxygenate us. Don't know why kids are allowed to walk around with those handheld windmills.

nedjer

Adventurer
While Covid is beyond serious one of the ways to encourage fewer zombies is to stick a bit of gallows' humour in your feeds.

91454055_123418212607952_1101934109590028288_n.jpg

nedjer

Adventurer
Your usually great biker mate wants to turn up without a mask and is looking grumpy. You could offer a ticking-off and banish them or go for the old one-two.

89722047.jpg

Thomas Shey

Legend
So, CNN this morning is reporting that in the US at the moment, 26.8% of weekly new cases are children.

That the kids may be not having quite so bad a time with the disease is nice, but as they get sick they still represent a large reservoir of the virus - so while the kids won't die, people around them will.

Absolutely. I've just seen some people talk about Delta like it hits children harder than other versions proportionately, and that doesn't seem to be true; it just hits everyone more often, so the absolute numbers are going to be higher.

nedjer

Adventurer
Working from home is maybe a key defence against permaCovid. Urban spaces offering pedestrianisation, outings, flats, . . . can make cash. Ferrying people packed into cubicles in and out every day is a Covid factory. The cumulative costs of enabling working from home where practical are much lower than the costs of allowing variant after variant.

Remove ads