• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Ogden, Utah Standard on 6 Dec1918
20210916_175130.png

San Francisco Chronicle on 22 Oct 1918
20210916_175150.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You won't find me saying bad things about the vaccines, but sometimes I just gotta laugh.

Here's a line from a news article in Canada under the headline "Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines get full Health Canada approval — and new names!"

"Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine will now be known as “Comirnaty,” Health Canada wrote. Moderna’s, meanwhile, has been dubbed “Spikevax” and AstraZeneca’s will be called “Vaxzevria.”"

WTH? ... Vaxzevria? Is that a planet in an old Sci-Fi pulp? LOL.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
"Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine will now be known as “Comirnaty,”

And, this at least has an origin: Comirnaty is an agglomeration of the words “Covid-19 immunity” and “mRNA,” the latter indicating the technology that makes the vaccine work. As a whole, the word is intended to evoke “community.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And, this at least has an origin: Comirnaty is an agglomeration of the words “Covid-19 immunity” and “mRNA,” the latter indicating the technology that makes the vaccine work. As a whole, the word is intended to evoke “community.”
Sure, that's how they came up with it. Still looks like gibberish on the page. Of course, nearly ALL medicines are named like this. I find it mildly silly, is all. YMMV.

Remove ads