D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So, the writing there seems a bit overblown, but cool that they have something that may be useful.
It’s not gone through the full peer-review process, hence their delay in a formal announcement, but with this and the similar announcement about a potential vaccine for HIV, I’d have to say the people in white coats have been pretty hot lately.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It’s not gone through the full peer-review process, hence their delay in a formal announcement, but with this and the similar announcement about a potential vaccine for HIV, I’d have to say the people in white coats have been pretty hot lately.

Oh, yeah. And omicron-specific mRNA vaccines going into testing in January is awesome, too.

It is the claim that the military's new vaccine handles ALL variants, current and future, that looks overblown.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I have no recollection of ever having had Chicken Pox, but when my daughter caught it as a baby (a week or two before she was scheduled for her vaccination) I somehow managed to not get it, in spite of taking care of her. I have to assume that I had such a mild case that no one noticed, and now have immunity.

Or you caught it so young you've forgotten. That was distinctly a possibility in my case before I got tested.

Zardnaar

Legend
Words come down from on high at my wife's work. No vaccine by February no job.

Some companies don't follow the rules. Often yoga studios (alternative types) and gyms/martial art (tough guys) type places.

12k (9k usd approx) poorer.

Some companies don't follow the rules. Often yoga studios (alternative types) and gyms/martial art (tough guys)

And slowly the world becomes a better place. This year we've lost a lot of selfish jerks who are proud to be jerks.

And those we haven't lost (yet) have gotten fines.

Ryujin

Legend
Did the same. Thinking about going out for a J&J to complete the (US) set. :D
I was originally scheduled for a third dose of Moderna, but their shipment didn't come in. Given that more than a few are commenting that a mix & match approach seems to have good results, I'm not concerned. A day later I've got a slightly sore shoulder and a little sniffling, that could be attributable to having worn a mask for an hour and a half while getting groceries this morning.

Remove ads