D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe. Maybe not. The numbers seem unusually low even with that taken into consideration IMO.

I mean this as no disrespect, but opinions don't mean anything in this situation. Everyone's got an opinion, and go look and see how many of them are wrong - this is not a situation our intuition works well in. And the virus does not care about our opinions.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I mean this as no disrespect, but opinions don't mean anything in this situation. Everyone's got an opinion, and go look and see how many of them are wrong - this is not a situation our intuition works well in. And the virus does not care about our opinions.

?????????????????????????????

ad_hoc

(they/them)
The death rate compared to confirmed cases exactly matches that of Canada.

Canada has 1 000 confirmed cases and 13 deaths.
USA has 23 000 confirmed cases and 300 deaths.

1.3% in both cases.

There are many factors which could contribute to that low number. Hospitals not being overwhelmed yet is probably among the top.

We're going to be in a much different place in a month.

FrogReaver

1.3% in both cases.

There are many factors which could contribute to that low number. Hospitals not being overwhelmed yet is probably among the top.

Here are/were the numbers in various countries around our case count or their max. I highlighted the ones that are major outliers.

1584845701125.png

Corrected Chart!

Last edited:

FrogReaver

Those numbers are all over the place.

Your data shows that the USA is not actually an outlier here.

Curious why you say that? The way I'm reading it is that virtually every country with 14000+ cases has significantly more deaths than we do

1.3% in both cases.

That is my fear also. Based on the reporting that I am reading, U.S. hospitals are stretched thin right now but they have not yet hit the "breaking point." But based on the increasing number of cases, that point is coming.

For me personally, the "wake up" moment happened when I found out simultaneously that Tom Hanks (who was in Australia at the time), Sophie Trudeau and an NBA player all had the coronavirus. Combined with what was happening in my home state I thought "this s**t is everywhere."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases