• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

To add to all the numbers for the US: sure, overall the confirmed number of cases has gone over 32k as of Sunday, but nearly half of those are just in the state of New York, and about half of that 16k in NYC itself, leaving the remaining 16-17k confirmed cases for the entire rest of the country. Now that is a crazy imbalance and I have no idea what it means for future infection rates.

Zardnaar

Legend
To add to all the numbers for the US: sure, overall the confirmed number of cases has gone over 32k as of Sunday, but nearly half of those are just in the state of New York, and about half of that 16k in NYC itself, leaving the remaining 16-17k confirmed cases for the entire rest of the country. Now that is a crazy imbalance and I have no idea what it means for future infection rates.

Probably means NY has done testing.

I have American friends in Houston. They've been in self isolation last week. In her words "our governor's and idiot, our presidents an idiot" and they have a few guns. They're the sane ones.

And her sister is showing symptoms.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To be sure, Texas’ Governor is leading from behind. Almost every order he’s issued is based on the prior orders of leaders at the city and county level.

So, for example, in the D/FW Metroplex, we had a patchwork of different rules covering the 4 counties and 25+ municipalities regarding crowd sizes and which businesses could stay open...and how they could offer services. While some restaurants were trying to figure out how to handle shifting emphasis to take-out & delivery ONLY, a mile or two down the road, some of their competitors were still offering full dine-in service.

Even today, as Dallas County is under a shelter in place order, only a handful of other counties are doing likewise because the Gov didn’t order them to. “What works for the big cities wont work for the small towns” or some such.

That patchwork approach is going to cost lives.

Zardnaar

Legend
To be sure, Texas’ Governor is leading from behind. Almost every order he’s issued is based on the prior orders of leaders at the city and county level.

So, for example, in the D/FW Metroplex, we had a patchwork of different rules covering the 4 counties and 25+ municipalities regarding crowd sizes and which businesses could stay open...and how they could offer services. While some restaurants were trying to figure out how to handle shifting emphasis to take-out & delivery ONLY, a mile or two down the road, some of their competitors were still offering full dine-in service.

Even today, as Dallas County is under a shelter in place order, only a handful of other counties are doing likewise because the Gov didn’t order them to. “What works for the big cities wont work for the small towns” or some such.

That patchwork approach is going to cost lives.

Australia is having similar issues not quite as bad but still.

Well we have a week or two before things really hit the fan. Starting to love my PM she's doing great.

Discussed playing with my wife but not really in the mood to run anything.

Watching season 1 of Survivor. Looking for tips.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
giphy.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads