D&D and the rising pandemic

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
There's a widely circulated media bias graph, that seems to be the go-to for many. It rates Daily Wire as being high on factual inaccuracy and far to the Right.

That graph seems a bit out of date. OANN is quite further than Fox News to the conservative side nowadays.

It is crazy on what some of the more platforms are telling viewers about the pandemic.

Ryujin

Legend
That graph seems a bit out of date. OANN is quite further than Fox News to the conservative side nowadays.

It is crazy on what some of the more platforms are telling viewers about the pandemic.

That article had the 2018 chart. Latest on the site, I believe, is 2019. OAN sits in pretty much the same position; maybe slightly Right of Fox, but with a small amount of fewer factual errors.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That article had the 2018 chart. Latest on the site, I believe, is 2019. OAN sits in pretty much the same position; maybe slightly Right of Fox, but with a small amount of fewer factual errors.

Which is still a bit off. I mean, some of their staff are also employed by the Kremlin’s loudspeaker, Sputnik. The lost their suit against MSNBC & Maddie for saying they were uttering Russian propaganda.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Okay, folks, can we bring this back around to the plague and gaming, or at lease closer to it, rather than the political leanings of news sources? Thanks.

In other news, our school district is in a constant state of flux about planning for the fall. So far they've released at least two plans for re-opening, and both times they have been partially thrown out in less than a week based off of new guidelines. I feel like our administrators are doing a legitimately good job, but there's just nothing they can do to keep on top of things at this point.

GreyLord

Legend
In other news, our school district is in a constant state of flux about planning for the fall. So far they've released at least two plans for re-opening, and both times they have been partially thrown out in less than a week based off of new guidelines. I feel like our administrators are doing a legitimately good job, but there's just nothing they can do to keep on top of things at this point.

In the US, many of the plans I see are them wanting to force teachers and students back to school. I expect lawsuits will break out when people catch it from their students and/or people die from catching it from the kids. May bankrupt a school district or two before they actually realize that it was a bad idea to force people to go to schools full time in the middle of a pandemic.

The bigger irony is that many of these are the anti-maskers that want to proclaim their freedom, but have no qualms about denying others their freedom and wish to force students and teachers into confined closed spaces for hours a day.

Bringing this full circle, Most D&D modules don't seem to have these situations. Normally, you are the party of adventurers sent to find the cure or to find ingredients to cure the disease which is going around. The town is having problems and everyone is afraid. I can't recall adventures where you have people actually denying the disease or trying to go out and get it themselves (or, in zombie movies where you have a group denying that there are undead, or trying to become the undead themselves. Normally they run screaming from it instead).

Weird dynamic. I wonder how a module or gaming adventure would run if you had a group of inhabitants as an obstacle to the adventurers in a plague adventure.

Remove ads