D&D and the rising pandemic

Hussar

Legend
Jeez, I did mean that as a joke. I hope he didn't quit the boards because of that. If so, I'm really sorry. Just trying to inject a little levity into the conversation.

Zardnaar

Legend
Jeez, I did mean that as a joke. I hope he didn't quit the boards because of that. If so, I'm really sorry. Just trying to inject a little levity into the conversation.

Wouldn't worry about it.

Best Korea I mean North Korea reports first case.

Leaves Turkmenistan as the last country with more than a million as "virus free".

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, that's just rude and completely uncalled for. There's 0% chance of a reasonable discussion on the topic now.

If an opinion on legality was formed without reference to the order in question, we weren't starting with a discussion based on reason.

Opinions in conflict with reality are largely the reason we are in our current predicament, so I'm rather fed up with them.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
If an opinion on legality was formed without reference to the order in question, we weren't starting with a discussion based on reason.

Opinions in conflict with reality are largely the reason we are in our current predicament, so I'm rather fed up with them.

Conflating this with conspiracies and refusing to wear masks as a political point is a bit extreme.

I agree with your position about the order. It's just a little far to compare not understanding how state orders work and arguing against the world's doctors after they have had an extensive information campaign to tell people what to do.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Conflating this with conspiracies and refusing to wear masks as a political point is a bit extreme.

Interestingly, I didn't mention either of those things, so... not really persuasive.

We aren't talking about Damage on a Miss, or some other frivolity. This is a thing that impacts thousands of lives - indeed, perhaps thousands of deaths. Coming to an opinion without even reading the order is not what I'd call reasonable or responsible.

Coming up on a hundred fifty thousand dead in the US. That's not extreme enough for you? How many more dead will it need to be to justify stridency in your eyes? 200K? Half a million?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Interestingly, I didn't mention either of those things, so... not really persuasive.

We aren't talking about Damage on a Miss, or some other frivolity. This is a thing that impacts thousands of lives - indeed, perhaps thousands of deaths. Coming to an opinion without even reading the order is not what I'd call reasonable or responsible.

Coming up on a hundred fifty thousand dead in the US. That's not extreme enough for you? How many more dead will it need to be to justify stridency in your eyes? 200K? Half a million?

I think you're tilting at windmills here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases