D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have severe doubts in your ability to cook. Please send samples to prove otherwise to.

Lazy chunky monkey
123 Eat Now Street
Dunedin
NZ

I suggest expedited air freight tyvm (ducks). Chartered private jet can also work.
Do you know the airspeed velocity of a laden duck?

Hussar

Legend
Spiking a bit here, but, still hovering around the 500 mark. Considering the population density, I think that's pretty much what they're shooting for. Manageable cases.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Not D&D, but yet another MtG prerelease at home... this time in the long break between the 11 yo's virtual classes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200918_101148.jpg
    IMG_20200918_101148.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 78

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The other week my family held a family weekend in a house that they had rented, but I politely declined. That many people together in one house, even with social distancing, is a blatant disregard for the rules. I thought my family would be smarter than that.

This week my mother is celebrating her birthday at a cafe with lots of people, and again I politely declined. But now the emotional blackmail starts. "Oh, I would be really disappointed if you didn't show up". She's ignoring the Corona rules, and I'm the bad guy?! It pisses me off. It is like everyone wants everyone else to make the sacrifices, but oh no, not our birthday party.

For crying out loud, it is only one year. Just one year! Just stay inside and don't do social gatherings. How hard can that be?!

For some people, it's extremely hard.
But you could always return the emotional blackmail with "Oh, I would be really disappointed if you died of COVID-19."

Doomed...

A game I sometimes play is "Who's the stupidest person in this video?"

Normally, a person who says "The normal flu is worse than COVID" starts out in the lead. But in this case it's a kid who has clearly not been given a chance to know any better (I believe the phrase would be "Bless his heart" in Tennessee vernacular).

The principal who isn't wearing a mask and blames the governor is up there. As a person of authority, he should be taking responsibility for keeping his students safe instead of passing the buck.

The grandma who says masks are the tools of child molesters was really going for gold. But then the woman who compared wearing a mask to the fate of Eric Garner* swooped in. Those two are neck-and-neck in the battle of co-opting real issues for their own idiocy.

But throughout all that, you also have to think back to the first person you see: the reporter, who is pointedly not wearing a mask. I guess it's nice that she didn't have a sign or shout slogans on camera, but it's hard to imagine a less impartial way to cover the event.

So in the end, who wins the game? No one. We all lose.

*Edit: Sorry, should be George Floyd.

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
A game I sometimes play is "Who's the stupidest person in this video?"

Normally, a person who says "The normal flu is worse than COVID" starts out in the lead. But in this case it's a kid who has clearly not been given a chance to know any better (I believe the phrase would be "Bless his heart" in Tennessee vernacular).

The principal who isn't wearing a mask and blames the governor is up there. As a person of authority, he should be taking responsibility for keeping his students safe instead of passing the buck.

The grandma who says masks are the tools of child molesters was really going for gold. But then the woman who compared wearing a mask to the fate of Eric Garner swooped in. Those two are neck-and-neck in the battle of co-opting real issues for their own idiocy.

But throughout all that, you also have to think back to the first person you see: the reporter, who is pointedly not wearing a mask. I guess it's nice that she didn't have a sign or shout slogans on camera, but it's hard to imagine a less impartial way to cover the event.

So in the end, who wins the game? No one. We all lose.
Gosh, this year is so crazy. Can someone finish Jumanji? I'm tired of playing this nightmare game.

Remove ads