D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The problem being that most of them are only one layer, and they are often of knit fabrics that don't actually stop you from emitting droplets into the air around you very well.
That was a major point of the study.

The researchers recommended either buying multilayer gaiters or doubling up on the single layer ones via folding.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Can we talk about how the President of the United States of America who tested positive and received treatment for COVID-19 last week, is now still planning on making two in-person rallies this weekend?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Most masks are secured by loops over the ears.* Those can become abrasive, especially if you have to wear them a long time or have to adjust them frequently due to fit.** It’s a common enough issue that improvised and commercial loop anchors exist that draw the loops away from the ears to the back of your head.
I was thinking that there should be a product which was a padded ring to put around ones ears, that would cushion thin mask straps. This seems to be an easy to make product and an easily solved problem. Actually, there are hair ties which might do the job as is.
Be safe, be well,
Tom B

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Can we talk about how the President of the United States of America who tested positive and received treatment for COVID-19 last week, is now still planning on making two in-person rallies this weekend?
And is also claiming that he is immune and that he found yet another miracle cure! Why!?!?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking that there should be a product which was a padded ring to put around ones ears, that would cushion thin mask straps.

Most folk don't have a whole lot of depth behind their ears in which to put padding along with the ear strap of the mask.

The simplest solution seems to be a short strap with a large coat button on each end. The strap goes across the back of your head, and the ear loops go around the button instead of your ears. Problem solved. My wife crocheted a bunch of these for friends who have to wear masks all day at the start of this.

There are professionally made variations on the concept as well...

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
And is also claiming that he is immune and that he found yet another miracle cure! Why!?!?
Might have to do with a certain CEO being a member of a certain person's Westchester, New York golf club. Or that the company got a fat government grant through operation warp speed.

Supposedly this certain someone also had stock in that treatment as well as others being used heavily for the current health crisis (but has had that for some time now).

Unsurprisingly the company's stock surged after Monday.

If none of that fuels some conspiracy theories, I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Ryujin

Legend
Most folk don't have a whole lot of depth behind their ears in which to put padding along with the ear strap of the mask.

The simplest solution seems to be a short strap with a large coat button on each end. The strap goes across the back of your head, and the ear loops go around the button instead of your ears. Problem solved. My wife crocheted a bunch of these for friends who have to wear masks all day at the start of this.

There are professionally made variations on the concept as well...

Attachments

• 2bb94482197061039fcf56c6a227b6b3.jpg
    2bb94482197061039fcf56c6a227b6b3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 85

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases