D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As of Dec. 1, the CDC recommendation is: "When a COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by FDA and recommended by ACIP, vaccination in the initial phase of the COVID-19 vaccination program (Phase 1a) should be offered to both 1) healthcare personnel and 2) residents of long-term care facilities."
Right, but they also have to sort out WHICH personnel & residents will be first. After all, as someone on another board pointed out, he is a healthcare professional who already had COVID-19.

OTOH, people have reportedly gotten it twice, and we still don’t know how long post-infection immunity lasts.

Given all that, he was questioning whether he even needed a vaccination at this point. Does he need to be among the first?

Plus, we might have over 125k people who are healthcare workers or in long-term care.

NotAYakk

Legend
Canada's vaccine priority rules (advice, as healthcare is provincial).

It is amusing to hear people talk about how small Texas is. And "remote" is also funny. I bet those remote communities have roads that reach most of the way to them that can be driven most of the year!

So Canada is going to boost the priority of remote communities for vaccination, because remote means remote up here. ;)

Attachments

• EobsELRWMAEop0l.jpg
    EobsELRWMAEop0l.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 63

Hussar

Legend
Here in Japan, they just announced that all vaccinations will be 100% free. But, yeah, they're still working out the order of battle, same as everywhere else.

Makes sense. Long term care workers and the highest at risk are first in line. I mean, to be honest, I can wait. It's not like the world will end if I don't teach English tomorrow. :D

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Obviously I hope the vaccine is effective and saves many lives. But from just a gamer's view (which is very small in perspective in the scheme of people's lives), I hope it allows Gen Con to happen this year.
And all the other Cons !

In no small part, because people no longer fear being around each other.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Here in Japan, they just announced that all vaccinations will be 100% free. But, yeah, they're still working out the order of battle, same as everywhere else.

Makes sense. Long term care workers and the highest at risk are first in line. I mean, to be honest, I can wait. It's not like the world will end if I don't teach English tomorrow. :D
I can "go second" (or third or hundredth or ...) because I already had it and so expect to fight off other encounters with Virus before reaching 'contagious' stage. And because I am middle aged so other people are more fragile than me; they can step ahead In line.

Luminous

Legend
"215,000 people are dead, Dad. It is the third biggest killer in the country this year - heart disease, cancer, then covid-19. Wear the damned mask."
I absolutely care about people's lives. And since this obviously isn't working, we should be looking for a different solution than wearing the damned mask.

Luminous

Legend
Can I tell a secret?
I have never worn a mask, this entire time, this entire pandemic. I've gone about my daily life. And nobody's told me not to. I can walk into a restaurant, into a doctor's office, into the theater, into the park. And I'm fine, just like everyone else I brush past.
Once, I had it. And I have never had it since.

Last edited:

Remove ads