D&D and the rising pandemic

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
@Imaculata, I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers. I have lost two relatives to this bug, and they weren't as close as a father.

Good and bad news locally for me. Bad news, the number of contagions is so severe that the mayor has decreed all markets have to close, starting Monday. Honestly, I'm not surprised. The number of people not wearing masks and even eating in the local market is staggering. I guess that's why we can't have nice things anymore.

Good news? The Federal Government has finally opened the door for local Governments and businesses to import vaccines directly. This is good because 1) I can hope to get vaccinated this year, and 2) I'll have an option not to take the Cancino vaccine -which I have serious doubts about, but will likely end up being the one applied in mass by the Government because it is cheap. -, 3) There was a fear that they would use vaccines as a way to pressure people during the elections this year. I guess that they had to admit there was no way they would be able to pay for a hundred million vaccines and administer them efficiently.

Also there was a scare with my sister. Her immediate boss was diagnosed this week, but she is fine. Thankfully she is fine.

I'll have an option not to take the Cancino vaccine -which I have serious doubts about, but will likely end up being the one applied in mass by the Government because it is cheap.

In Dutch we have a saying: "Goedkoop is duurkoop".

Which means (roughly translated) "Buying cheap is paying a high price". If you buy things on the cheap, you get what you paid for, and you may end up paying more in the end.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In my state, they have opened up to all "Phase 1" vaccine recipients. We don't have a hard start date, but we are expected to go to Phase 2 in early February.

Dioltach

Legend
Doctors in the UK are recommending people use an oximeter three times a day to measure their oxygen levels. Apparently one of the big mysteries of COVID is that people's oxygen levels are dropping without them noticing until it's too late. Full article on the BBC: Covid: How a £20 gadget could save lives - BBC News
The oximeter I'd ordered yesterday just arrived. I tried it, and it said 98%. Just goes to show what I've always suspected: I'm full of bull!

("Oxi", get it? Sounds like "ox", as in "bull". I crack myself up sometimes.)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The oximeter I'd ordered yesterday just arrived. I tried it, and it said 98%. Just goes to show what I've always suspected: I'm full of bull!

("Oxi", get it? Sounds like "ox", as in "bull". I crack myself up sometimes.)
You are only 2% short of being a complete gas (as in something that causes laughter). Just a little bit more to go !

Ryujin

Legend
Regional and international shipping via Canada Post is taking a hit, due to a large Covid-19 outbreak at a local sorting facility. This place is a little over a 15 minute drive from my place and is how most of my parcels and Amazon purchases are handled. It's a 3 shift, 24/7 facility, now with one less shift.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Researchers testing extant pharmaceuticals’ efficacy vs C19 have found that a cancer drug that may be MUCH more effective than remdesivir.

It’s still preliminary, but looks promising.

Zardnaar

Legend
Something you read about but a video.

Americans moving to NZ going through qurantine. Not as strict as Aussie, they can't leave the rooms or chose their food.

Technically he's a kiwi, NZ father but raised in USA. NZ has birthright citizenship if one parent is a citizen it's how he got in. US wife afaik.

Remove ads