D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
24 million so far.

So, it would REALLY help if you said what there were 24 million of.

As of this writing, there are 26 million people in the US who we can confirm have had covid-19. There a re some 19 million who have gotten one shot of vaccine. Of that 19, about 3 million have gotten a second dose of their vaccine.

GreyLord

Legend
Something you read about but a video.

Americans moving to NZ going through qurantine. Not as strict as Aussie, they can't leave the rooms or chose their food.

Technically he's a kiwi, NZ father but raised in USA. NZ has birthright citizenship if one parent is a citizen it's how he got in. US wife afaik.

Room service in a Hotel for 2 weeks. If you had Covid-19, that would suck. If you didn't, but were just quarantined...that would actually be pretty nice. Pack some books, an Xbox or Playstation, and a computer and you have a vacation in the making.

For those who don't mind staying in a room with that stuff for an extended period of time it could be a GREAT vacation. I'd be one of those probably.

For those who hate being indoors and would go stir crazy, they probably would hate it though.

Zardnaar

Legend
Room service in a Hotel for 2 weeks. If you had Covid-19, that would suck. If you didn't, but were just quarantined...that would actually be pretty nice. Pack some books, an Xbox or Playstation, and a computer and you have a vacation in the making.

For those who don't mind staying in a room with that stuff for an extended period of time it could be a GREAT vacation. I'd be one of those probably.

For those who hate being indoors and would go stir crazy, they probably would hate it though.

Yeah families are allowed to drop off things like playstations.

Irs mostly 4 and 5 star hotels with catering and to pick your food. Mostly it's free as well unless you leave for less than 3 months.

Early on it got pointed out it's cheaper to fly to Australia for 1 hour, return and spend your time in permanent isolation than pay rent in Auckland.

If you try that now you have to pay,around 3k.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I looked at the one picture and said "So there's a balcony so I can relieve my tendency toward claustrophobia; past that, it depends on how ,much food options I have, and other than that I hang out with my wife, read and play computer games. Not exactly torture."

But then, I'm a guy who likes to walk and swim sometimes, but is otherwise kind of a cave troll and not all that personally social, so I'm not everyone.

Zardnaar

Legend
Captain Tom Morgan died of Covid
Hmmn can't link to BBC.

The economic arguements used against lockdowns seem to be full of crap.

Unemployment fell instead of going up, deficit also came in a lot smaller than expected.

PM arguement last year was the economy is the people and controlling Covid was better option.

Been some leaks in qurantine.

Contact traced and contained in a few days. Complaints about not being able to get through. Capacity and logistics 100 000 people have made it through qurantine.

Probably won't get vaccines until second half of year. Early preorders made last March/April should be plenty assuming no disruptions. Think they're going to help out various Pacific Island nations with the excess.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
"The economic arguments used against lockdowns seem to be full of crap."
Yes they are full of crap if one is paying attention.

Last edited:

Thomas Shey

Legend
Though I should note (and I don't know to what degree this is or isn't true in NZ) that the ways of counting unemployment in the U.S. are dodgy as hell and chronically understate it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Though I should note (and I don't know to what degree this is or isn't true in NZ) that the ways of counting unemployment in the U.S. are dodgy as hell and chronically understate it.

It's undercounted by a little bit due to the way the data is counted.

Basically if you're not on welfare you don't get counted.

Usually we normally get rated very high on things like accurate government data, security, accuracy etc.

Remove ads