D&D and the rising pandemic

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You have destroyed much of your own privacy by having a modern browser and smartphone, even.

Yeah, I've made the joke a few times with people that "they" (whoever that is) don't need to inject us with microchips. (Hold up a phone.) We're carrying them around in our pockets!

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, I've made the joke a few times with people that "they" (whoever that is) don't need to inject us with microchips. (Hold up a phone.) We're carrying them around in our pockets!

After my second shot I found the reception from the mothership improved heaps!!!!.

I wanted all the vaccine shots so I could build an iPhone. Then I can say (in smug voice) "I've got an iPhone".

Ryujin

Legend
Always reminds me of the episode of South Park in which both Cartman and Alec Baldwin got social media brain implants.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Uff. We have been one week in "green" -which only means that official numbers are on a sustained downward slide and thus restrictions are on the least restrictive they'll be-, and I've already seen mask usage in my community plummet... People really seem to want to get sick.

Anywaay, I'm sure we'll be back to being closed after Good Weekend (our country's version of Black Friday)

Hussar

Legend
It is so weird watching football from the States. Full stadiums and barely a mask to be seen. Then I watch sports here in Japan and no one, other than the athletes, are unmasked, and the athletes, as soon as they finish whatever they are doing, mask up. It's just so automatic.

I mean, I live in a city of close to a million and we're averaging 9 cases a day now. We never closed restaurants. We never shut down schools. About the only thing that closed were the bars after 8 pm. And even that was only for a month.

It's just all so bloody frustrating.

Zardnaar

Legend
It is so weird watching football from the States. Full stadiums and barely a mask to be seen. Then I watch sports here in Japan and no one, other than the athletes, are unmasked, and the athletes, as soon as they finish whatever they are doing, mask up. It's just so automatic.

I mean, I live in a city of close to a million and we're averaging 9 cases a day now. We never closed restaurants. We never shut down schools. About the only thing that closed were the bars after 8 pm. And even that was only for a month.

It's just all so bloody frustrating.

Different cultures with emphasis on collective responsibility.

Here the Asian community is the highest vaxxed demographic in the country ranging from 95% up to 98%.

That was a few weeks ago.

Vax rates are also good indicators of how much people trust the government. They're very low in parts of Eastern Europe.

Hussar

Legend
Different cultures with emphasis on collective responsibility.

Here the Asian community is the highest vaxxed demographic in the country ranging from 95% up to 98%.

That was a few weeks ago.

Vax rates are also good indicators of how much people trust the government. They're very low in parts of Eastern Europe.
Oh, for sure. I get that. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I wonder what people think, if they care at all, how history will judge them. I mean, we look at people like Mary Malone as horrible monsters. She was a mass murderer who lived out most of her life behind bars and is now synonymous with idiocy and plague.

Do people really think that history is going to exonerate them?

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh, for sure. I get that. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I wonder what people think, if they care at all, how history will judge them. I mean, we look at people like Mary Malone as horrible monsters. She was a mass murderer who lived out most of her life behind bars and is now synonymous with idiocy and plague.

Who knows. Might not matter in the grand scheme of things.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

I don't know that most of them care about the opinion of history all that much. Of those that have considered it, their attitude probably falls into the realm of, "if you disagree with me, it is because of a personal flaw on your part." If history doesn't agree with them, history is wrong, written by their enemies.

Remove ads