D&D and the rising pandemic

DollarD

Long-time Lurker
Well, Japan just cut all visas now. No one enters the country. Full stop.

Sheesh. We have apparently had an Omicron case - apparently a diplomat from Namibia who had had both of his shots. :(

On the plus side, we've had a full week of under 100 new daily cases nationwide.

Well, please accept my apologies from Namibia. We've yet to identify a Omicron case, and have been averaging less than 10 cases identified per day. No idea where that diplomat was traveling beforehand.

Though just yesterday we saw a spike to 45 cases for the day, an 84% increase from the day before. The Ministry of Health notes that so far Omicron hasn't been detected here.

Mirtek

Hero
It's actually against the law here to make it mandatory. Rates are creeping up around 90% and they can do a lot of arm twisting.
It's also highly controversal whether the EU actually has the right to meddle in that aspect of their member states. I doubt that anything will come out of this, just some EU politician wanting to make the news

Zardnaar

Legend
It's also highly controversal whether the EU actually has the right to meddle in that aspect of their member states. I doubt that anything will come out of this, just some EU politician wanting to make the news

Yeah sems to be an individual state thing.

Hussar

Legend
Well, please accept my apologies from Namibia. We've yet to identify a Omicron case, and have been averaging less than 10 cases identified per day. No idea where that diplomat was traveling beforehand.

Though just yesterday we saw a spike to 45 cases for the day, an 84% increase from the day before. The Ministry of Health notes that so far Omicron hasn't been detected here.
Sorry. I totally did not mean that to sound like I was blaming anyone. I mean, this guy apparently had his vaccinations, is a diplomat, so, it's kinda understandable that he'd be traveling. Absolutely no pointing fingers here at all.

Zardnaar

Legend
Went and visited a mate. Kinda of an anti vaxxer but he is getting the shot.

Lots of stuff going on but he's basically destroying his life.

In other news vaccination rate apparently hit 97% to n Auckland the anti vax Facebook page is having a meltdown. My favorite one has realized they will lose job/visa and have to leave NZ. Was oblivious to the vaccine mandate coming into effect today.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Update to an old post:
I have been making payments on my school loans, even though they are in Forbearance, to take advantage of 0% interest rates. I just paid off the second of three loans. With the extra cash this frees up, I should be able to finish off the last loan (even with interest turned on again) in a calendar year.

Remove ads