D&D and the rising pandemic

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It takes a special kind of stupid to catch covid twice, and still refuse getting vaccinated after that first infection. He basically dodged a bullet, and concluded that he must be invincible!

Are we done with these people yet? I'm looking at my field of F's to give, and am finding it barren. I'm all out of sympathy.

This is shockingly common. In fact, one of the biggest arguments I've heard is that people who have caught it shouldn't have to get vaccinated, and should be exempt from any vaccination requirements. Most of them view it like Chicken Pox.

Again, this isn't really based in intelligence or rational thinking.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
It takes a special kind of stupid to catch covid twice, and still refuse getting vaccinated after that first infection. He basically dodged a bullet, and concluded that he must be invincible!

Are we done with these people yet? I'm looking at my field of F's to give, and am finding it barren. I'm all out of sympathy.
Too many idiots think all viruses work the same way. "Time for a covid par-TAY!! Once you get it, you're immune! Yeehaw!" As if it's chicken pox something.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
I was a week late registering for my booster, based on age group. When I checked on the Provincial appointment website, there were no appointments available. I then checked local pharmacies and booked an appointment for the best I could do, which was second week of February. Just got back from taking my mother to a doctor's appointment and since my GP is part of the same group, I asked if they were doing boosters. I now have an appointment for my third dose of Moderna for tomorrow afternoon :)

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
For folks having trouble scheduling a booster, definitely check whether your local city, state (or equivalent) health department has walk-ins.

I've had friends locally report having to schedule out a month or more for a shot at local pharmacies, when the city health department has two hours of walk-ins every Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon. And there are other fixed walk-in centers in more rural parts of the state with Saturday hours as well.

Edit: And a mobile vaccination van traveling around the state!

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
This is shockingly common. In fact, one of the biggest arguments I've heard is that people who have caught it shouldn't have to get vaccinated, and should be exempt from any vaccination requirements. Most of them view it like Chicken Pox.

Again, this isn't really based in intelligence or rational thinking.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm old enough to remember parents having Chicken Pox/Measles "parties", in which they would get their kids together to play with a kid who already had the disease. Get them sick and get it over with. I've now got to deal with the possibility of Shingles every decade or so, precisely because I was one of those kids. I'm now almost 7 years in for the last outbreak and going to get vaxxed, a few months after my next Covid booster.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I'm old enough to remember parents having Chicken Pox/Measles "parties", in which they would get their kids together to play with a kid who already had the disease. Get them sick and get it over with. I've now got to deal with the possibility of Shingles every decade or so, precisely because I was one of those kids. I'm now almost 7 years in for the last outbreak and going to get vaxxed, a few months after my next Covid booster.
I was also one of those kids that had their parents allow them to catch Chicken Pox because they didn't see any point in getting me vaccinated against it.

My mother had me get every other vaccination throughout my whole life, but not that one.

I'm really not looking forward to catching Shingles.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I was also one of those kids that had their parents allow them to catch Chicken Pox because they didn't see any point in getting me vaccinated against it.

My mother had me get every other vaccination throughout my whole life, but not that one.

I'm really not looking forward to catching Shingles.
I'm old enough to have had chicken pox before there was the varicella vaccine. I got it when my older sister brought it home from kindergarten.
But I have gotten my shingles vaccine. So, even if you didn't get the varicella vaccine as a kid, you're not out of luck in preventing shingles.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases