D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It would mean everyone born prior to the 80s and 90s would have a much higher chance of Heart Disease. It could be interesting to see if it decreases as the older generations die off.

Statistically, that would be hard to disentangle from all the other possible contributing factors that have been changing over that same time. For example, over that period you have a dramatic drop in the number of smokers, but then a rise of vaping. You have changes in diet, exercise levels, and goodness knows what other chemical exposures. You have changes in stress levels, alcohol consumption, and rate of being able to afford health care...

GreyLord

Legend
Statistically, that would be hard to disentangle from all the other possible contributing factors that have been changing over that same time. For example, over that period you have a dramatic drop in the number of smokers, but then a rise of vaping. You have changes in diet, exercise levels, and goodness knows what other chemical exposures. You have changes in stress levels, alcohol consumption, and rate of being able to afford health care...

I'm not sure how they figured it out, but I imagine it's similar to how they also connected the rise of violent crime to lead in gasoline, and how it's reduction also led to a reduction in violent crime.

harvard health lead and heart disease

EHP lead and cardiovascular disease

Another article for those of us not so much into scientific papers, but addressing more modern issues, as gasoline wasn't and still isn't the only source of lead entering into our bodies

Desert Sun on lead study

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Yellow and orange slowly creeping up in the US. The blotch in NY has spread out, upper midwest is sprouting some, and a few more here and there.

Graduation at my University was this weekend, and the K-12 will be out before the end of the month. Hoping we stay in the green until then.

Trying to figure out when I want my second booster (had a mild case in early February).

US_COVID-19_Community_Levels_of_All_Counties.png

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Is that one county in the north-east holding out? Midwest is getting worse and scattered elsewhere.

Thankfully my university in the south-east is in the sparsely attended summer semester and the K-12 only have a couple more weeks.

Summer time in person gaming isn't nearly as sure as it was looking in the spring. Will be interesting to see what waive we're in a bit under three months when we're planning to go to DC for sight seeing.

Personally for me, yellow will mean masking and avoiding eating in. Orange will be using curbside pick-up.

US_COVID-19_Community_Levels_of_All_Counties (1).png

Last edited:

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
That orange section in the lower right is Rockingham County, where my hospital is. Needless to say, we're back to all-day masking in the non-patient care areas too.

Attachments

• covid levels.PNG
    covid levels.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 46

Remove ads