D&D Developers Answer Questions And Offer Tips - Live!

WotC held a "round table" Dungeon Master advice session live via video a couple of days ago. Shelly Mazzanoble, Trevor Kidd, Rodney Thompson, Mike Mearls, Sarah Keortge, and Chris Lindsay answered questions from viewers. The session was recorded; watch it below! The video is over an hour long, so prepare your beverage of choice in advance! "We gathered a select group of Dungeon Masters from around the office to answer questions from the D&D community and provide tips and tricks for all DMs!"

WotC held a "round table" Dungeon Master advice session live via video a couple of days ago. Shelly Mazzanoble, Trevor Kidd, Rodney Thompson, Mike Mearls, Sarah Keortge, and Chris Lindsay answered questions from viewers. The session was recorded; watch it below! The video is over an hour long, so prepare your beverage of choice in advance! "We gathered a select group of Dungeon Masters from around the office to answer questions from the D&D community and provide tips and tricks for all DMs!"

[video=youtube;k1MjDesszr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1MjDesszr8[/video]

Paraxis

Explorer
I normally come off as a bit negative because I would rather point out flaws and hope it makes people think about how to make things better but man, this is a wonderful video.

There is good advice for a broad spectrum of people, no one is talking down to the audience, there is a mix of wisdom and insight you don't see often on things like this.

I wish this was a monthly thing.

Gundark

Explorer
I normally come off as a bit negative because I would rather point out flaws and hope it makes people think about how to make things better but man, this is a wonderful video.

There is good advice for a broad spectrum of people, no one is talking down to the audience, there is a mix of wisdom and insight you don't see often on things like this.

I wish this was a monthly thing.

This is high praise indeed.

eMalc

First Post
As someone who's only got a few Dmed games under his belt, the tips these guys throw out are absolutely amazing. So much of it seems like common sense, yet it's stuff I've never really considered before hearing it, especially the topics of more organic combat, how to help players roleplay with more enthusiasm and dealing with problem players.

Rune

Once A Fool
Interesting. That bit about Chris Lindsay's game where he had his players fight a wraith underwater is something I did in my long-running 3.5 game, too. In my case, it was a wraith with rogue levels whom the players hated. That particular fight is still the one they talk about as the hardest I ever ran, even though I've certainly run more lethal fights; that one only had one death. By drowning, of course.

Slayyne

First Post
Around 44:03 was pretty awesome. On the topic of how to deal with difficult players or ones that do not really fit in the game. It was suggested that you publicly shame them by live streaming your game on Twitch and letting the community criticize them for doing dumb things. LOL

Rhenny

Adventurer
I really liked this panel. I found myself wanting to jump in and share stories or tell about ideas/experiences I had. It drew me in and inspired me too.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads