D&D General D&D Honor Among Thieves characters

Wow. D&D Beyond is impossible for me to log into.
1) Says my email and password are wrong when I’m trying to get in/set it up. I honestly don’t remember if I had a Wizards account. Since I use physical books and rarely play 5e, I would only every few years be looking for their content. But probably I did set it up at some point, maybe during 4e even, I guess?
2) I say OK, reset password. Nothing comes to my email. Refresh, refresh, refresh. Nothing,
3) OK, I give up. Login with Steam. Steam works fine. And sends me an email with a code, so I know my email is fine.
4) D&D Beyond says I need to login with them, not just Steam to link. I don’t even want to link.
5) OK, I guess that means I have no account? Create account then. I don’t want to effing give you my date of birth, so I leave it blank, which is today.
6) Oh, I need parental consent because I was literally born today. OK, Wizards, your marketing and data tracking Zuckerberg wannabes win, I’ll put my real birthday.
7) Still need parental consent. I’m 54 years old and both my parents are dead. Actually dead. You’re seriously pissing me off now.
8) I go to the parental consent site. They are serious. I would need to create a parental control account to give myself access.
9) Customer Support is actually worse than Comcast. Just circling around from FAQ to FAQ, mostly about MtG.

D&D Beyond, I’m out.

Wow. D&D Beyond is impossible for me to log into.
1) Says my email and password are wrong when I’m trying to get in/set it up. I honestly don’t remember if I had a Wizards account. Since I use physical books and rarely play 5e, I would only every few years be looking for their content. But probably I did set it up at some point, maybe during 4e even, I guess?
2) I say OK, reset password. Nothing comes to my email. Refresh, refresh, refresh. Nothing,
3) OK, I give up. Login with Steam. Steam works fine. And sends me an email with a code, so I know my email is fine.
4) D&D Beyond says I need to login with them, not just Steam to link. I don’t even want to link.
5) OK, I guess that means I have no account? Create account then. I don’t want to effing give you my date of birth, so I leave it blank, which is today.
6) Oh, I need parental consent because I was literally born today. OK, Wizards, your marketing and data tracking Zuckerberg wannabes win, I’ll put my real birthday.
7) Still need parental consent. I’m 54 years old and both my parents are dead. Actually dead. You’re seriously pissing me off now.
8) I go to the parental consent site. They are serious. I would need to create a parental control account to give myself access.
9) Customer Support is actually worse than Comcast. Just circling around from FAQ to FAQ, mostly about MtG.

D&D Beyond, I’m out.
D&D Beyond merged accounts with WotC. If you set up a WotC account, like 20 years ago, you probably had a different email address.

It's hardly surprising that if you refuse to give your date of birth, they treat you as under age. Legally, there is nothing else they can do.

D&D Beyond merged accounts with WotC. If you set up a WotC account, like 20 years ago, you probably had a different email address.

It's hardly surprising that if you refuse to give your date of birth, they treat you as under age. Legally, there is nothing else they can do.
I scrolled by it and didn’t interact with it. Then, when it went parental consent, I put the real info, but apparently that’s data entry that’s not correctable. It hadn’t crossed my mind parental consent/permanent ban of an e-mail was the punishment for not giving that bit of PII.

If I cared, I could of course just use another email and fake DOB that isn’t their default of today. Even someone born today, with the prodigy skills to be able to type on day one of their life, could figure out that workaround.

But they pissed me off, so nope.

I scrolled by it and didn’t interact with it. Then, when it went parental consent, I put the real info, but apparently that’s data entry that’s not correctable. It hadn’t crossed my mind parental consent/permanent ban of an e-mail was the punishment for not giving that bit of PII.
It's not "a punishment" its a legal requirement.
If I cared, I could of course just use another email and fake DOB that isn’t their default of today.
Sure. But then if any issues arose, it would you who was at fault, for giving false information, not the company for letting minors have unmonitored access.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
They do get statblocks, but they don't really represent the characters well, imo. Like, the Druid has a bunch of spells, but in the movie she just wildshapes, the Sorcerer doesn't have Dispel Magic or Counterspell, when that's the only reason they beat the Time Stop in the end, and the Bard also has spells when in the movie he doesn't really cast any, iirc.

Remove ads