D+D Insider

Hussar

Legend
As usual, it only triggers for Americans.

Ahh, that's why I never got it either.

I gotta say though, the idea of a Myspace sort of deal for D&D with an integrated online platform (OpenRPG anyone?) and custom tailored web pages to run my games would actually be worth something to me.

It's about time D&D started tapping into the large number of online gamers out there. I don't mean the MMORPG crowd, but the OpenRPG, Fantasy Grounds gamers like me and lots of others who have been growing over the past few years.

I have no idea how many online gamers there are, but I do know that if I posted a new game on the OpenRPG boards tomorrow, I'd have ten players by Wednesday, regardless of system or even time.

Sammael

Adventurer
Yeah, but you still have a chance that the survey will trigger (unless your ISP is for some reason filtered out). I haven't heard of a single non-American who got the survey.

Shadeus

First Post
Eric Anondson said:
What am I, Norwegian chopped liver? :p

I'm American, live in America, with an IP in America... Ain't getting no survey redirect.

You don't have enough XP to qualify for that survey. Wait until you level up. ;)

Lalato

Adventurer
I like it, but I wouldn't pay more than $4 or $5 per month. I liken it to a magazine subscription, and even at $4-5 per month it would be a fairly expensive subscription.

--sam

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Sammael said:
Yeah, but you still have a chance that the survey will trigger (unless your ISP is for some reason filtered out). I haven't heard of a single non-American who got the survey.
Yo. I live in Sydney and I completed it last night. Muahahahahaaa.

As an aside, when they asked me "What do you like least about this proposed service?", I said something along these lines:

"The idea that the introduction of the D&D Insider package would lead to the end of free content on the website, or that it would take too long for content to move from the D&D Insider level to the free level."

Sanackranib

First Post
Henry said:
*Points to Jvisgaitis' post*

That's why.

That's a pretty steep mound of content, something whose equivalent I've only seen at places like ENWorld before (albeit amateur and third-party content compared to WotC content). It'd be worth at least 5 bucks a month, if it lived up to the hype.

Henry, with respect I have to disagree. so many of the people who are in "the know" or industry insiders post on enwold that most of that stuff is already free here. like a lot of people I dont use my computer (or vary rarely) while running or playing a game so to have it online is of little value to me. as another poster mentioned Dungeon which is a great magazine is like $3.00 (u.s.) and is much more valueable, and hardcopy. enworld may technically be "amature" but you can pretty much get the right answer to any gameing related question here from any number of helpfull moderators like yourself or the varius posters/lurkers like Mark and Nightfall. tell these guys if they want to pay then send it to Morris for site upkeep because anyone would be hard pressed to match the quality and depth of information found here. now that a alot of stuff is open gaming liscence its even easier. nope I cant see paying for that site, especially on a monthly basis.

Remove ads