D&D 5E D&D Lore Changes: Multiversal Focus & Fey Goblins of Prehistory

WotC's Jeremy Crawford revealed a couple of the lore changes in Monsters of the Multiverse. The big shift is toward the multiverse as the game's main perspective rather than a specific setting. The game is shifting towards a multiversal focus, with a variety of worlds and settings. Universe-spanning mythical story beats, such as deep lore on goblinoids going back to 1st Edition, and the gods...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford revealed a couple of the lore changes in Monsters of the Multiverse.
  • The big shift is toward the multiverse as the game's main perspective rather than a specific setting. The game is shifting towards a multiversal focus, with a variety of worlds and settings.
  • Universe-spanning mythical story beats, such as deep lore on goblinoids going back to 1st Edition, and the gods they had before Maglubiyet. Prior to Magulbiyet unifying them, goblinoids were folk of the feywild in keeping with 'real-world' folklore.
  • Changelings aren't just Eberron, but they've been everywhere -- you just don't necessarily know it. Their origin is also in the realm of the fey.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
And if a plane of existence has no galaxies or solar systems? It's still a universe—it is still all of space and time and the contents of that universe.
Then guess what, it isn't a universe.
Not very difficult was it now?

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You don't even know what you're talking about here.
😂👍
Fact: Universe is not something the size of a solar system unless it is a pocket universe. And using the dictionary will not help you, as it is as usual waaay behind terms being used in science and science fiction - as per normal.
Back up your claim, bud. I’ve backed up mine. The dictionary isn’t “behind”, it’s descriptive, and describes all known usages of a term. That particular dictionary is updated every year, so any “missing” definition that is specific to size would be a very minor, niche, quite new, definition.
Do try to keep up.
😂 Just excellent.
And still keeping it up with the strawman of me being pedantic. Terrible argument. Being pedantic would be arguing over something small, as opposed to incorrect terminology. Wrong terminology is still wrong, and not being pedantic. Like i said you're trying a really terrible argument here.
LOL trying to talk down to me while flailing about how nitpicking terminology totally isn’t pedantic is hilarious.
This is whole another load of you not knowing what you are talking about.
Demi-planes are not infinite, they are all finite and rather well small.
Provide support for you claims, or stop wasting my time.
MtG planes are not multiple concurrent universes.
Yes, they are.
The best way to think about MtG is if some Cosmic entity whacked MtG universe with a huge hammer and shattered it into a load of different realms, or demi-planes.
Which could also be accurately described as a series of concurrent universes.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Then guess what, it isn't a universe.
Not very difficult was it now?

1. There is nothing to say it doesn't, unless you can show me otherwise?
It doesn't have WotC on the cover.
2. link or something?
Adventures in the Forgotten Realms | Magic: The Gathering
3. Well...no. A universe is not a grain of sand so that is totally wrong.
If it contains everything, then it's a universe.
But mostly very small planes are usually called demi-planes.
Sure. Demi-plane is a general term for any small plane.
Kind of like the upcoming KS Demiverse.
3PP has nothing to do with WotC lore, citing it makes as much sense as siting Star Trek TOS session 2 episode 4 as in irrefutable authoritative source.

Remove ads

Remove ads