D&D 5E D&D Lore Changes: Multiversal Focus & Fey Goblins of Prehistory

WotC's Jeremy Crawford revealed a couple of the lore changes in Monsters of the Multiverse. The big shift is toward the multiverse as the game's main perspective rather than a specific setting. The game is shifting towards a multiversal focus, with a variety of worlds and settings. Universe-spanning mythical story beats, such as deep lore on goblinoids going back to 1st Edition, and the gods...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford revealed a couple of the lore changes in Monsters of the Multiverse.
  • The big shift is toward the multiverse as the game's main perspective rather than a specific setting. The game is shifting towards a multiversal focus, with a variety of worlds and settings.
  • Universe-spanning mythical story beats, such as deep lore on goblinoids going back to 1st Edition, and the gods they had before Maglubiyet. Prior to Magulbiyet unifying them, goblinoids were folk of the feywild in keeping with 'real-world' folklore.
  • Changelings aren't just Eberron, but they've been everywhere -- you just don't necessarily know it. Their origin is also in the realm of the fey.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
The Feywild allows for an extra planar origin that isn’t in the outer planes (i.e. the morally-aligned domains of the gods) or the inner planes (with strong elemental overtones). It’s also morally neutral with a positive or at least innocent feel, unlike its shadowfell counterparts that has a more sinister overtone.

it’s a safe design ground for WotC
Well, safety and risk-avoidance do seem to be WotC's watchword these days.

Mezuka

Hero
I wasn't complaining, but please Morrus, you are smarter than that. Two small paragraphs that are generic is not what that person, or what other people who want lore, are asking for. Adding it all up and saying there's a lot of text is a meaningless gesture and only serves to invalidate the desires of other people. This doesn't mean their desires are worth more, and isn't a commentary on the text in question, but what you replied with me was basically like trying to use a loophole to proven argument.
I'll tell you straight. You have the icon 'publisher' under your user name. The more you push back against other people's products, the less I'm inclided to look at your stuff. That is not a good marketing strategy for your business. You shouldn't be wasting precious time on forums bashing other companies. You should be busy writting, publishing and promoting your game products.

Faolyn

(she/her)
The Feywild allows for an extra planar origin that isn’t in the outer planes (i.e. the morally-aligned domains of the gods) or the inner planes (with strong elemental overtones). It’s also morally neutral with a positive or at least innocent feel, unlike its shadowfell counterparts that has a more sinister overtone.

it’s a safe design ground for WotC
I do hope they explore the Shadowfell more in 5e, though. It may be generally sinister, but it still has a lot of rich ground to explore.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wasn't complaining, but please Morrus, you are smarter than that. Two small paragraphs that are generic is not what that person, or what other people who want lore, are asking for. Adding it all up and saying there's a lot of text is a meaningless gesture and only serves to invalidate the desires of other people. This doesn't mean their desires are worth more, and isn't a commentary on the text in question, but what you replied with me was basically like trying to use a loophole to proven argument.
I don’t know what that means. Sorry.

Remove ads

Remove ads