D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie: Action Packed, Funny as Hell

According to Justice Smith, one of the stars of the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons movie, the film is "action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell". https://www.enworld.org/threads/michelle-rodriguez-justice-smith-join-d-d-movie.678118/ In a conversation with Collider, Smith said: [Goldstein and Daley are] incredible. They’re so funny and they have such clear vision. I loved Game Night. That...

According to Justice Smith, one of the stars of the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons movie, the film is "action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell".

dungeons-and-dragons-filming.jpg

In a conversation with Collider, Smith said:

[Goldstein and Daley are] incredible. They’re so funny and they have such clear vision. I loved Game Night. That movie is so good and so funny. And it’s such a clear, specific story. It doesn’t try and be anything that it’s not. I think they approached this the same way. I can’t spoil too much but it’s action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell… it’s all of the things and yet it has a clear idea. That specificity is key in storytelling and John and Jonathan do that so well, being like, "This is the story we’re telling but they’re making it enjoyable the entire time." This is me not trying to spoil the movie in any regards. I’ve given away no details.

The movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Hugh Grant, and Sophia Lillis, is scheduled for March 3rd, 2023.

Well, that explains the Hobbit.

I heard that Ian McKellan (Gandalf) had given Jackson constant hell on the set about the direction of the movies, and it was that stubbornness that contributed to the movies being taken more seriously - but those are memories 20 years old now.

Don't get me wrong, I do like most of Jackson's movies (especially King Kong), and there were elements of the Hobbit that were good (Gandalf's visit to the Necromancer impressed me), but overall, Hobbit was not nearly as impressive as LotR had been. I'd rather see a D&D movie lean towards how LotR was made and not as over-the-top as the Hobbit was.
Plus Christopher Lee, the only true LotR "scholar" in the productions (he'd read the books many times) was a guiding hand for Jackson as well.

Precisely. We know it's a great trilogy now, having seen it. That doesn't mean people were idiots for having their doubts before they saw it. That's the part of your statement I took issue with.
Never said people were idiots. I mentioned idiots here: "Only an idiot could be handed such a great story and fail, and Jackson was no idiot; and the studio, producers and actors knew that before they started shooting."

BTW: You obviously do not understand the Studio system. There is no way they would have green-lit this without a script, so it really doesn't matter what "people think" until after it's said and done, it only matters what the above-the-line people believed, and based upon the results, they were right and that's all that mattered.

Remove ads

Remove ads