D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie: Action Packed, Funny as Hell

According to Justice Smith, one of the stars of the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons movie, the film is "action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell".

dungeons-and-dragons-filming.jpg

In a conversation with Collider, Smith said:

[Goldstein and Daley are] incredible. They’re so funny and they have such clear vision. I loved Game Night. That movie is so good and so funny. And it’s such a clear, specific story. It doesn’t try and be anything that it’s not. I think they approached this the same way. I can’t spoil too much but it’s action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell… it’s all of the things and yet it has a clear idea. That specificity is key in storytelling and John and Jonathan do that so well, being like, "This is the story we’re telling but they’re making it enjoyable the entire time." This is me not trying to spoil the movie in any regards. I’ve given away no details.

The movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Hugh Grant, and Sophia Lillis, is scheduled for March 3rd, 2023.

Alnwick looks much less "medieval" on the inside, but then D&D mixes eras pretty liberally, so...?
True, the castle has been lived in continuously, and hence has been regularly updated. It mostly looks "Victorian" on the inside. I suspect the Wells locations where used for interiors. I'm not familiar with the Irish castle. But if they where filming an indoor feast they would have used a different location, such as one of the Oxford Colleges.

Kaodi

Hero
There are two scenes that I rewatch quite often for the feels and they are the scene that begins with Hela with her hands around the throat of a defeated Thor and ends a banging AC/DC battle montage; and the "Will you follow me one last time?" scene. Those two movies are drastically different but they both manage to capture something real feeling at a critical moment. I can only hope that the D&D movie manages something in that vein too regardless of how much humour is otherwise in the film.

Kaodi

Hero
On a related note I really hope they have put together a good soundtrack. Wait, what was that? mumbling offscreen It was a Led Zeppelin song? Whoops. Music is really important though but we do not talk about it much because it is a lot harder for us, the viewers, to imagine the right music than the depicted action. Like, Holding Out For A Hero was an inspired choice for the Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer. When they say they are taking notes from GotG hopefully that extends to its use of music because it could make a big difference.

Edit: I was at the bank in person a couple of weeks ago and Holding Out For A Hero was playing while I was waiting in line. I do not think it was a coincidence that it has made a comeback outside of the TV show.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
On a related note I really hope they have put together a good soundtrack. Wait, what was that? mumbling offscreen It was a Led Zeppelin song? Whoops. Music is really important though but we do not talk about it much because it is a lot harder for us, the viewers, to imagine the right music than the depicted action. Like, Holding Out For A Hero was an inspired choice for the Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer. When they say they are taking notes from GotG hopefully that extends to its use of music because it could make a big difference.

Edit: I was at the bank in person a couple of weeks ago and Holding Out For A Hero was playing while I was waiting in line. I do not think it was a coincidence that it has made a comeback outside of the TV show.
I will go on record as not wanting this, but won't be surprised if they do this and will have to just deal with it. I just don't care for pop music in my pseudo-medieval fantasy.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I can appreciate the disconnect that might create for you and others (including me at times). I wonder whether psuedo-medieval covers could evoke the same feelings.
That worked well for Westworld. Not sure it would work for D&D.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Personally, a little contemporary music wouldn't bother me. A Knight's Tale is still one of my favourite movies.
It would definitely be a way to help distinguish the movie from other, more "serious" fantasy movies and tv series.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases