D&D 5E D&D New Edition Design Looks Soon?

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

DF9A3109-D723-4DBC-9633-79A5894C83FF.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
But Jedi are AC tanks in D&D terms. Hard to hit but fold in one clean shot and force is always on. Opposite of how D&D does barbarians.

Anyway I am still shocked SHOCKED that with the common age range of D&D designers and their range of media focus that they didn't do a Jedi/Sith subclass for monk. Unless they are waiting for 5.5e to up ki points and formalize proficiency trading to give Jedi monks more force powers and lightsabers.
Crawford explicitly said that the Pai Warrior for Fighters was meant to fill the Jedi trope.

You should take a closer look at the Champion, it is a very fun Subclass that is one of the most effective I've ever used. Feels like being an unstoppable killing machine.
sigh... okay 1 post about it then I am out of this part...

the CHampion is boreing and useless at anything, every melee caster is more intresting then fighter and the closest fighter comes to keeping up is when you give the fighter a magic subclass (so why not just go hexblade or bladesinger

nothing you say is going to convince me that ANYTHING of champion is worth even talking about.

One of these days I want to go back and play a 3.0 with all the dials on campaign, just to see.
good luck. I want (and will) go back to 2e, 4e, and basic and maybe even 1e. I really like d20 (so 3.5 like) retroclones of the older editions but I never want to play 3.5 again with all the character op stuff.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

the CHampion is boreing and useless at anything, every melee caster is more intresting then fighter and the closest fighter comes to keeping up is when you give the fighter a magic subclass (so why not just go hexblade or bladesinger

nothing you say is going to convince me that ANYTHING of champion is worth even talking about.
shrug auit yourself. It is very fun in play, and brutally effective at making things dead while staying not dead. That's all the interesting thst I need at the table, really, the rest is just set dressing.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

To get you off that part: make an Edlritch Onight with the Unarmed Combat Fighting Style, no weapons or Shield to get in the way of casting.

Remove ads

Remove ads