D&D 5E D&D Next weekly art column!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble

First Post
You know what I'm thinking... It would be cool if they taylor the art towards what the product is...

Like If it's a campaign I think I'd rather see the detailed styles of people like Elmore. They help me envision the world as a real place.

If it's a dungeoncrawl style adventure I want to see oldschool weird trippy art. It helps me get into the mood of the dungeon as a weird, unknown place where anything can happen.

Hussar

Legend
I gotta admit Jon S, you must have one heck of a thick skin. I mean, 3e and 4e have buckets and buckets of great art. Yet, throughout the past 10 years, there's been just so much bitching about the art as well.

That's no surprise. Art should create an emotional response. When you create an emotional response...it isn't always positive.

I could talk for hours about art styles and artists that I love/hate. How can I expect anyone else in the D&D community to do less. The only time I get testy is when folks forget that our views on art are just opinions...and EVERY opinion is valid.

I'll never try to tell you that your opinion on the art isn't valid - it you'll accord me the same level of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads