D&D 5E D&D's official twitter feed is giving previews of art and contents from Monsters of the Multiverse

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Folks from WotC have said multiple time that the 30+ races does not include setting-specific ones, so something that is so attached to a setting like the Warforged will not be in the book.
Yeah. But there is some confusion as to what exactly "setting-specific races" means. Are the Vedalken Setting-Specific? In D&D (so far) they only exist in Ravnica, but they exist on multiple worlds in the M:tG Multiverse. Are Grung "Setting-Specific"? As far as I can tell, they only ever appear in the Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk. What about Shifters and Changelings? Can Lycanthrope-folk and Doppleganger-folk really not exist in settings besides Eberron?

I'm certain that Warforged and Kalashtar won't appear in it, but I'm less sure about Shifters, Changelings, Vedalken, and other races.

1. Aasimar
2. Tortles
3. Kenku
4. Goblins
5. Hobgoblins
6. Bugbears
7. Orcs
8. Kobolds
9. Purebloods
10. Tabaxi
11. Firbolgs
12. Lizardfolk
13. Tritons
14. Goliaths
15. Githyanki
16. Githzerai
17. Eladrin
18. Shadar Kai
19. Duergar
20. Deep Gnomes
21. Sea Elves
22. Aacrokra
23. Genasi
24 Centaur
25. Minotaur
26. Owlin
27. Fairies
28. Haregon
29. Metallic Dragonborn
30. Chromatic Dragonborn
31. Gem Dragonborn
32. Loxo/Loxodons
33. Changelings
34. Shifters
35. Satyrs

A possible list of races for MP: MotM?

Yeah. But there is some confusion as to what exactly "setting-specific races" means. Are the Vedalken Setting-Specific? In D&D (so far) they only exist in Ravnica, but they exist on multiple worlds in the M:tG Multiverse. Are Grung "Setting-Specific"? As far as I can tell, they only ever appear in the Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk. What about Shifters and Changelings? Can Lycanthrope-folk and Doppleganger-folk really not exist in settings besides Eberron?

I'm certain that Warforged and Kalashtar won't appear in it, but I'm less sure about Shifters, Changelings, Vedalken, and other races.

Vedalken don't appear in any classical D&D setting so they'd have to figure how they fit in the D&D multiverse so I doubt they are in.

Grung might or might not be in.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Ha! If you can imagine a centaur pulling his horse weight up a ladder and managing somehow to shimmy out a trapdoor hole meant for humanoids, more power to you. I guess I am just narrow-minded. My loss, I guess. :D
I literally cannot imagine what trouble they’d have with the climb. They wouldn’t be pulling their whole eight with thier arms. The legs can push, you know. Horses literally climb things.

Its not “justification”, btw, I’ve actually consulted friends who raise and train horses, and they were blown away at the idea a centaur couldn’t climb a ladder.

Remove ads