[D20 Modern]Department 7 (OOC)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ya know, you make a map and think "Well I understand what everything is, so it should be easy to understand for everyone else..." Which is same reason you don't let programmers test their own code.

The trees are trees, that's the area I mentioned that you could set up the trip wire. The building is a house and barn, those belong to the farmer who owns the field the BBQ will happen in.

IIRC the group already cleared it with them to have the BBQ in that field no?
I wasn't confused as it matched your description. And yes we asked permission.

I would say we are ready to advance to the orcs, but Nick's last post confused things if he's going to set up in the barn. So we need to wait for him maybe.
Also Rory hasn't answered about charming some friends to attend the BBQ to sell the trap, but he could back fill that when he posts next.

VanorDM

Explorer
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/Vanor/Dept 7/BBQ2.jpg

Here's another map. If you can tell me where you want to be set up at, I'll move the pieces around.

I know you all have at least one truck, and it's actually a SUV, but the map sets I have don't seem to have a SUV, but that truck is about the same size.

You also have a car IIRC, which either will or will not be used, depending on what you all want to do.

And also if everyone can roll initiative and post it, I'll get things geared up for the fight.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
For Kara: Initiative (1d20+2=13)
We left the car at the townhouse. We have a pickup and the SUV. We also should have some ATVs and dirt bikes that were to be delivered if we needed them.

Rodny and Kara are in the SUV and planning to follow behind the bikers on their arrival into the early warning area. That would probably be starting off the map but we can be on the road leading South from the intersection to follow them if they don't stop at the BBQ. Lights off, using NVGs to drive.

We can setup the clothes line trap to trigger it remotely. So I guess Ming and Nick can also be in the SUV or with Rory at the BBQ. They can decide for themselves which they prefer.

Rory is supposed to have the 4x4 pickup to be able to clear the BBQ area cross-country.

We were not forcing combat initially, but rather running away from the BBQ area as soon as the orcs slowed down to stop. If they by-pass the BBQ then we have at least 15 seconds to trigger the clothes line trap 1/4 mile away.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BTW: Rodny's Attack would be better than 1d20-3. He gets +1 for the Weapon itself (P90 or FN Five-seveN, both are masterwork), +1 for a laser designator within 30', then +1 for AP ammo (-1 to dmg) if he chooses. Not that he would hit anyway on a roll of a 3. ;)

ThWatcher

First Post
I should have looked it up, but I was tired and when it came up so low, I decided it didn't matter. I'll be more careful about it from now on.

Remove ads