• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 - Most Aesthetically Pleasing Die

Which Common Die is the Most Aesthetically Pleasing?

Nai_Calus

First Post
Finding on the site isnt hard ... just goto the Dice Shapes Page ... finding them for sale is the hard part

Indeed, I meant finding them for sale. I'm quite familiar with that page and the rest of your site, heh. It's my internet crack and got me back into my dice obsession after I lost my previous dice collection in a move years ago. ;)

Which reminds me that I should get around to counting how many of my dice I have that aren't duplicates. Probably 550ish since I've hit 900, but at least 300 of that is massive duplicates from having to buy a pack of 100 for three types, rofl.

RFisher

Explorer
On shape alone, I choose the d12. Of the platonic solids, I find the d20 too round and the others not round enough. There’s no accounting for taste, eh?

As dice, I like the d10 for the way it’s 0–9 numbering fits with our base-10 number system.

I prefer platonic solids, however. So, a d20 numbered 0–9 twice may well be my favorite die.

Still, I just voted for d12 rather than try to decide between d10, d20, and d-other.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I agree, PP.

Although I voted for d12, there are some other great shapes out there. One of my faves from childhood is the humble d30, but in more recent years, I've become quite keen on getting some of those missing numbers. Some day. . .

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I actually do like the d12, simply because it is the die with the most number of sides and the easiest legibility of the standard D&D poly set. I also like the 12-sided die because it can be re-purposed as a d4 or d6.

Next to the d12, I love my d7s. Mostly because they look so funky. Also, I can call for "odds: this happens, evens: this happens" and then roll a d7 to demonstrate a bias toward one or the other.

However, the common d6 got my vote in the poll. It rolls the best, it's used in almost every die-based game, and everyone is familiar with them.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I enjoy the fact that commentary for d12 is "I gotta be different!" yet it has the highest number of votes.

I voted for d20, yet d6 was a close second, because it's old school.

Remove ads