D&D Movie/TV DADHAT hits $80,856,963 box office

Shakeshift

Adventurer
As much as I miss Dragon magazine, not every column was a winner. I didn't mind The Wizards Three back then, but I haven't read one of those articles in a very long time.
They were all right. I enjoyed the new spells. Ed Greenwood's writing for those articles though was.... very mercurial. It wasn't a great read, to put it mildly.

Ed Greenwood's writing for those articles though was.... very mercurial. It wasn't a great read, to put it mildly.

The very first Dragon mag i bought as a starry-eyed newbie had a Wizards Three story in it, in which Elminster, Dalamar, and Mordenkainen bait three of Mordenkainen's young female apprentices with the promise of learning magical secrets, then summon them to the Wizard Three's bbq where they are clearly expected to make themselves sexually available as entertainment, while the first-person narrator begs Elminster to be allowed to stay and watch.

'Problematic' didn't even BEGIN to cover it. Even to a mid-teenager with all the emotional intelligence of roadkill and the suave flirtatious moves of wet cement, it felt pretty off.

The very first Dragon mag i bought as a starry-eyed newbie had a Wizards Three story in it, in which Elminster, Dalamar, and Mordenkainen bait three of Mordenkainen's young female apprentices with the promise of learning magical secrets, then summon them to the Wizard Three's bbq where they are clearly expected to make themselves sexually available as entertainment, while the first-person narrator begs Elminster to be allowed to stay and watch.

What the holy hell

Remove ads