• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dallas Gameday] Aftermath and Commentary starts on Page 10!

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Well, I'm not dead set on Saturday, so let's hear from the folks who have already replied to the thread. Is Sunday a problem?

Zogg

First Post
So I have a question for you guys. I'm only familiar with 3.0 & recently 3.5 DnD, specifically the Forgotten Realms. But what happens when someone like myself shows up and people are playing in settings that are unfamiliar to them? I'm willing to learn, but I just wonder if DMs/GMs at these cons are willing to put up with people that are unfamiliar to the rules & settings. Do DMs and newbies go through a brief introductory phase (and everyone else waits) or what? I'm trying to get an idea on how to be prepared for a con or large meetup like this.

Sinistar

Hoody Hoo!

I have been waiting for something like this to come up. I have seen the other game days with envy...

I will be there with bells on (either day though the 27th would be better). If it is on the 27th I might have as many as 3 people in tow who are not on ENworld. But I won't commit them yet.

I can bring some games (Kill Dr. Lucky, etc) but I don't know how comfortable I am running a game. I would love to try Midnight, but I don't have any of the books. Is there a possibility of pregenerated characters or quickly altered characters that we could do. (I don't know the form).

I would be happy to chip in for the rental (if need be), and I will put my hat in the ring for providing drinks for some (depending on the size. If it is 50 or so I would be willing to spring for cokes).

And Don Adam, we seriously need to meet sometime. You are just around the corner from me...

drachin

First Post
Well, I might be able to make it (longtime lurker that I am) along with my man, but we are not definites. I might also be able to get the rest of my group to show up for some fun stuff.

Unfortunately, we will need to bone up on 3.5E since none of us have upgraded yet (waiting to finish the current campaign first!).

As for vote on dates, either the 27th or the 28th would work for us. It's all the same.

I do not feel quite so sure about my DMing skills in a small one-shot type set-up since I haven't been able to make it to any Cons or anything yet, so I am probably a no-go on that without great assurances of its simplicity and my wonderful DMing skills.

:D

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Sweet, looks like Sunday is good for most everyone!

Derek, can you look into renting the bank's room for that day?

I've posted the Slot times and put my own game in Slot One. Potential DMs please let me know what slot and game system you'd like to run, and give any info on the game (pre-gen characters, # of players, etc...). If you are running a Slot 2 game then you have some freedom as far as time goes, although there will certainly be limits imposed by the room rental and by people's work schedules. Once the slot is full I'd suggest asking people how long they want to play.

I for one would like to play in a good, long AU game if Don Adam's up for it. :)

Looks like this is going to happen! :cool:

DonAdam

Explorer
So I have a question for you guys. I'm only familiar with 3.0 & recently 3.5 DnD, specifically the Forgotten Realms. But what happens when someone like myself shows up and people are playing in settings that are unfamiliar to them? I'm willing to learn, but I just wonder if DMs/GMs at these cons are willing to put up with people that are unfamiliar to the rules & settings. Do DMs and newbies go through a brief introductory phase (and everyone else waits) or what? I'm trying to get an idea on how to be prepared for a con or large meetup like this.

I wouldn't prepare at all.

For me, one of if not the primary benefit of one-shots is to be introduced to something new. I know in anything I'll run I'll provide the players with sufficient information to play their characters. If they run into something they would know about, I'll explain it as we go.

At GenCon I only played three rounds this year. One was AU, but other than that it was foreign rules systems and/or worlds (one was Transformers, but I don't remember much except what was in the movie). All three went off without a hitch.

I would always encourage taking opportunities like this to play in unfamiliar settings/rulesets rather than playing the stuff you can play at home.

DonAdam

Explorer
I for one would like to play in a good, long AU game if Don Adam's up for it.

Cool.

Put me down for your game, and add an AU game in slot 2, 4pm-8pm (so that we can break for dinner). Characters will be pregen; I'll have details later.

Around 9:00 I'd like to start playing board/card games, since I'll be wiped out from that much roleplaying, and I'd like to get back to Irving by midnight. I'll bring Kung Fu Samurai on Giant Robot Island.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads