Dan Dillon is D&D's Newest Designer!

Who is Dan Dillon again? The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it ... Congrats to him, though.

Who is Dan Dillon again? The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it ...

Congrats to him, though.

eayres33

Explorer
SOB got my job. jk. mostly. good for him certainly.

I need to figure out why "the kids today" like to watch streams of other people playing D&D (I don't get it, I really just don't and it makes me feel super old) and figure out how to cash in on that cache.

Anyway, *swallows murderous envy*, congratulations, Dan.

I'm not exactly a "kid" and I'm not a huge fan of watching streams of other people playing D&D, I do enjoy listening to other people play D&D as I commute, or do yard work or paint D&D mini's. Critical Role has some great character development and I have loved the ten or so episodes of the World Tree Burns that Dan has run.

Dan is a great DM, the Midgard setting is amazing as his players on that campaign are fun, the set up on that forum is mildly annoying but I put up with it for the story.

Dan's work on the KP material is top notch and while I will miss him on KP's products its nice to see him get the big job at WOTC where he won't need to have his projects Kickstarted.

Dan Dillon

Explorer
What did you do in the Midgard Heroes Handbook?

The things I worked on include:

RACES
Bearfolk
Centaurs
Dhampir
Gearforged
Kobolds (Midgard)
developed Minotaurs
Ravenfolk
Shadow Fey
Trollkin

CLASSES
Primal Path of the Ancestors
Greenleaf College
Clanking Mercenary
Edjet
Ghost Knight
Shieldbearer
Sword-Dancer
Oath of Radiance
Oath of Thunder
Zobecker Scout
Duelist
The Genie Lord Patron
Angelic Scribe
Doom Croaker
Elementalist
Geomancy
Necrophagy
Ring Warden

BACKGROUNDS
Amazon of Perunalia
Arbonesse Exile
Bemmean Scholar
Dancing Bear Guide
Dhampir of Morgau
Mharoti Emissary
Niemheim Gnome
Northlands Reaver
Nurian Theurge
Prophet
Seer
Tinker
Beggar

Then there are feats, spells, and magic systems tied up in the Ley Lines/Geomancy, Ring Magic, Elemental Magic, Angelic Seals.

Dan Dillon

Explorer
...I have loved the ten or so episodes of the World Tree Burns that Dan has run.

Thank you so much!

A little clarity, we're up to 16 episodes in Season 1, and 13 episodes into Season 2. The podcast audio is lagged a good bit behind due to a variety of factors. Hopefully we'll get more audio episodes out there soon!

Zardnaar

Legend
Thanks cancer got my mum last year and I used some inheritance money to buy the Kobold stuff direct and had it sent to NZ. I figured it would last the rest of my life. I had bought some pdfs and Tome of Beasts dead tree for a mate. 3 copies of Tome of Beasts are in deep South NZ:).

The forums talked up ToB so it snowballed from there.

With the success of recent books, a gradual upsurge in popularity of DnD, and more DnD entering the mainstream, WotC may be gearing up to make big projects that require more staff, which could mean more settings coming our way.

Well, hopefully.

Dan Dillon

Explorer
Thanks cancer got my mum last year and I used some inheritance money to buy the Kobold stuff direct and had it sent to NZ. I figured it would last the rest of my life. I had bought some pdfs and Tome of Beasts dead tree for a mate. 3 copies of Tome of Beasts are in deep South NZ:).

The forums talked up ToB so it snowballed from there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can derive many years of joy from those books, as a small part of your mom's legacy.

Remove ads

Remove ads