• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Fairytale IC

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Colember, concerned about the noise, tries to get an idea of what creatures may be nearby.

OOC: Divine sense: Locate celestials, fiends and undead within 60 ft.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
at first you thought it was the goliath screaming like a mad man and for the most part it is but something is underneath it, something strange, indescribable almost as if every sound in the universe is coming out of one spot at the same time the fact that the sound is echoing off the walls of the cave makes it difficult to tell where it is coming from exactly.

"It must be something from the plane of maddness, Old One or whatever driving the people crazy. Remember those statues and their effect. Shrieker, Chaos Beast, Gibbering Mouther...the stories and legends are full of monsters driving people crazy. How about we deafen ourselves? At least partially?" Leonan shouts above the din.

Neurotic

Leonan lights a candle, drips some wax onto pieces of cloth and fashions crude ear-plugs. Which he immediately puts to use.

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: LOL improvised earplugs I love it.
As the party takes a few steps forward the noise fades away, slowly, leaving in its wake silence, not the nice peaceful kind but the creepy, foreboding kind. "These tunnels are usually crawling with monsters, they slack off a little in a few hours this section must be near a nest or so something, keep your wits about you." Dale comments as you begin to slowly advance after about half a hour of traveling the sound starts again it sounds as if it is everywhere perhaps it is the echo or maybe you really are surrounded. The earplugs help a little but some sound still bleeds through.

Neurotic

"Monsters or not, we know to expect them and we expect YOU to take us to our destination. Go, brave guide, make new stories in history." Leonan bard part tries to encourage the dwarf.

Last edited:

Remove ads