log in or register to remove this ad

 

Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
Time runs past as Colember outfits himself properly while Kaleth and Kalveen try to discern what they are up against.

Heading to the hall of portals the 3 companions meet infront of a large solid wooden door with metal bands running across it. In front of the door stands the two guards, the hoods on their brown robes pulled down so their chin is all that can be seen, some people say they are not of this world but from somewhere else all that is known is they have never failed in their duty of guarding the portal. As you approach the atmosphere changes and suddenly your body becomes heavy, so heavy you cannot lift your legs to walk. After a moment the moment the door swings open unbidden by anyone and the great weight is lifted from you.

Entering the room is not what you expected the floor is missing or rather misplaced there is large floating slab of masonry with a single ladder the only access way. As your feet hit the stone floor you realize they make no sound at all.

Asheena is stood at the base of the ladder seeing you all stood in the doorway she turns and climbs the ladder. Climbing the ladder reveals the rungs are actually made of silver.

Atop the ladder on the floating island is a floor etched with magical runes and a large portal. Asheena simply stands and watches you enter the portal and vanish from the building where you were safe to somewhere far from home.

You arrive in the dark wood forest a village lies ahead of you not far away, you can only assume it is Brackenbalick. The sun has all but set casting sinister shadows all around, you get the feeling you could be in for a rough night.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Ah, my friends, at last we set forth on the mission we've been selected for! Let us never forget this moment, heavy with promise, heavy with dread."
 

River Song

Explorer
"Indeed my Lord," Kalveen responds instinctively before casting a practised eye on their surrounds.

[roll0]

"your indulgence for one moment Lord," he whispers and quickly moves about looking for tracks and signs of recent activity.

[roll1]
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Kalveen doesn't see anything out of place from this distance the village looks deserted apart from smoke billowing out of the little hovels. Kalveen finds a bit to much recent activity to discern anything of worth many things have been through here some man and some beast.
 


Kaleth looks down towards the village. With with dusk upon them and night approaching fast they needed to get moving. Kaleth waits patiently as Kalveen scans the area for trouble and tracks. When the man asks to lead Kaleth nods.

We should get moving. It will be night soon and we do not want to be out in the forest when that happens.


OOC: Current Psychic Focus: Telepathic Contact
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Arriving in the small village it is apparent something is amiss the streets are all but deserted, the only soul out on the streets is a elf slumped over an empty bottle resting his back against the village well, the only stone building in the village everything else is made from the sturdy darkwood. The lights from the buildings and smoke billowing from there roofs are all that shows the village is not entirely deserted.
 



Kaleth walks down the deserted streets. It was not unusual for villagers to hide indoors as night falls. He looks at the drunken man and the buildings. He turns to his companions.

We should find the inn. We require rooms and perhaps we can talk to any villagers in the common room.

As Kaleth speaks he looks around for any signs that indicate which building is an inn or tavern.

OOC: Setting question, are we hired by the places we are sent or do we get our missions some other way? If we are hired who in this town would have hired us?
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: The academy is hired as an institution and they send whoever, if a local lord is present he would do the hiring in this case though it was a local collection.


Hearing towards the largest darkwood building, a,large sign swings lazily in the wind it reads "Sleepy Hollow".

Inside the hearth is lit and a tall well built(for an elf) man stands behind the bar. There are 5 elves dotted about the room a group of 2 sat at the bar and a group of 3 sat by the hearth non of which notice you.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Colember loudly announces, "We have come from the academy to deal with the issue of missing children. Can any of you point us in the direction of someone who knows about this issue?"
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Hearing the deceleration one of the elves from the group sitting on the table stands up, his slender face a mask of sadness and anger."They took my girl, what do you need to know?"
 


Kaleth shifts his gaze to the elf. He refocuses his mind to question the man. Preparing his mind to pick up on any deception. He then reaches out with his mind and asks his first question. He waits for an answer and then asks the next question.

How old is your child? When did they go missing? Describe the circumstances of the disappearance.

OOC: Psychic focus: Psychic Inquisition, know if someone I am talking to with telepathy is lying.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
All though the elves in the tavern seem slightly agitated they don't appear to harbour you any ill intent.



Looking slightly taken aback by the sudden appearance of a voice inside his head for a moment he looks shocked."What devilry is this." not waiting for anyone to answer he sighs and carries on talking."Alissa she was 30, vanished about 2weeks ago. It was night she just vanished and wasn't there in the morning.

You don't feel he is lying or would have any reason to for that matter.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Thank you for telling us what you can, I truly hope we can solve this situation." He turns to his companions, "I think it best we talk over what our plans are here. It doesn't seem like the locals are that forthcoming."
 


Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I apologize, it seems you are mistaking my actions as a lack of urgency. In your shoes, I'd imagine I'd be just as anxious. Perhaps you could show us where she was last seen? We'll need to start somewhere.'
 

River Song

Explorer
"You are quite right milord," Kalveen nods. "Where was the girl last seen, mayhap I can track her from there?"

OOC: When we get origin point, tracking roll [roll0]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top